Warning Rant:

WTF, seriously my biggest complaint about BB's is the freakin emails. Now I have this new issue. We'll its not new, its always been there but I just overlooked it and recent the service books. But, today 3 emails never came into my device. Of which 2 were important and its embarrassing having to apologize because my freak'n "#1 business phone" aka blackberry can't process email correctly. This has happened many times before with various other email account so its not just that account. Also times where email service goes out for a hour or few mins. Too frustrating, I understand BB is all about security but having to rely on a company to keep them running so I can receive email is just to much. Think about it in order to receive email 1. email provider must be running 2. RIMs server up and running 3. BIS on cell side up an running. Ridiculous! I won't even go into my #1 rant, truncated emails.

Oh well, 3 more months and my contract is done... I don't need this headache anymore.
    07-28-10 10:53 PM
    It could be that you're on T-Mobile which to me has to be the worst service provider when it comes to reliability. They may have great plans but their service...not so great.

Maybe think about switching service providers, you might be more happier. As for now...try resending your service books to get a clean start again.

You're not gonna find a better email client than RIM.
    07-28-10 11:02 PM
    It could be that you're on T-Mobile which to me has to be the worst service provider when it comes to reliability. They may have great plans but their service...not so great.

Maybe think about switching service providers, you might be more happier. As for now...try resending your service books to get a clean start again.

You're not gonna find a better email client than RIM.
    I've never had a problem with any phone in the past when it comes to emails. The whole service book thing, truncated emails, and BIS is a pain. I just want to receive unrestricted emails without all these extra things in the way. I never thought I'd say this but I miss the days of my windows mobile phone. Mail just came in no matter what size, pushmail, or just have a manual check mail new mail button. if RIM servers or BIS goes down on the cell side there is no way to force a check new mail. frustrating which means some mail will be overlooked. I think i've compromised enough, I keep telling myself its not a big deal but tonight after having to apologize for not receiving an email that was sent 12hrs earlier and just sitting in my inbox, that was it. no more.

hopefully the window mobile 7 phones will be out by then, i dont want anything standing in my way of receiving emails anymore.
    07-28-10 11:55 PM
    I have had a few days like that over the past month but I keep telling myself it's RIM testing their servers for everything new that's on it's way.
    07-29-10 12:05 AM
    So I'm not the only one with issues? About 1 week ago all BB's at my office stopped getting push email from our servers. We set the BIS stuff on our service providers but all of a sudden just our work accounts stopped.

And no, it's not us. Nothing has changed, we can still manually use the login and get our emails, etc. RIM just seems to have stopped servicing us. Very strange. And all other phones work in the office, just BIS phones are toast.
    07-29-10 12:30 AM
    So I'm not the only one with issues? About 1 week ago all BB's at my office stopped getting push email from our servers. We set the BIS stuff on our service providers but all of a sudden just our work accounts stopped.

And no, it's not us. Nothing has changed, we can still manually use the login and get our emails, etc. RIM just seems to have stopped servicing us. Very strange. And all other phones work in the office, just BIS phones are toast.
    more bb issues
    07-29-10 11:16 AM
    No...it's not T-Mobile I get it too sometimes. I'll go my my outlook and see I have one or two e-mails a day that never made it to my blackberry. I'm using IMAP so it's not a case where Outlook got the email first and deleted it from the server before BB got it.
    07-29-10 11:19 AM
    Ive never had any issues getting emails. Ok one time when all of sprint collapsed but i really think your rant is misplaced and should be fired at t mobile.
    07-29-10 03:07 PM
    Ive never had any issues getting emails. Ok one time when all of sprint collapsed but i really think your rant is misplaced and should be fired at t mobile.
    other people have had the same issue and its a RIM issue. Even if BIS on tmobile side is having issues its still a RIM software/sever setup in which should have some type of redundancy to force a new mail check if there is a hiccup. It is a business device and things like that should be taken in to consideration. There is nothing the cell provider can do they just host a piece of software provided by RIM.

i'm pretty sure it happens to a lot of people and they just do notice.
    07-29-10 03:29 PM
    The thing that frustrated me the most was I could never manually fetch e-mails when
    I was using a BB.
    07-29-10 04:16 PM
    It doesn't make sense to me that the RIM server is getting the blame here. (RIM software maybe?)

I have an 8520 with T-Mobile and have 2 emails accounts, one business and one personal. I haven't had any problems receiving emails on my bb from either account.

I set up the business email as a pop3 account on my laptop. A colleage, also with an 8520, has his outlook business account set up as a microsoft exchange account and he only gets about half his emails on his bb.

I promised I'd try and help but am totally baffled.

Please could someone help?
    07-10-11 05:51 AM
    OK, so the most obvious solution here is Outlook folders and Outlook rules.

Your BES admin can help you there. If you have some crazy folders and rules then the BES server will ignore them unless told otherwise.

If I recall correctly, by default, BES only syncs your inbox. So if you create a rule where it shunts new emails directly into an archive folder then your BB won't get that email. Well at least that is the behaviour I see on my BES.

I can say that the BES server I maintain has only ever failed once and I think that was hardware related. Its been about 4 years now I think, or there abouts. 2 reboots in that time. One because of the unknown failure and one for a hardware upgrade.

Our email HAS stopped working due to our carrier (Optus) breaking something on their end. But then, they have also turned one of our phone numbers off. Banned another number for lack of payment (which we always pay) and then a $50k bill for data usage because they, for some reason that month, thought our corporate emails were not part of our data plans. After a few hours on the phone and shouting at the correct people they fixed these problems. But the BES service has never failed. The carrier has.

So before people start pointing fingers at RIM and BB, people should take a step back and look at all the pieces of the picture.
    07-10-11 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD