Here's my part:

You build the item that fits my needs,

I buy it.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    11-22-15 01:22 PM

So keep your Z10. Just buy a Priv or a Passport too.
    That's the problem, my Z10 is still perfect. The thing doesn't show any wear after being naked and abused for over thirty months!

App Up
    The main appeal to me of BB10 is NOT dealing with 3rd party apps. I'd be happy to pay a monthly fee to BlackBerry for maintaining their core apps instead. I just want an awesome business communications tool that can also browse the Web and play music, with the occasional photo or video, not a platform for buying cheap software from unknown parties.

Be an Ambassador
    I don't proselytize for anyone or anything. I'll give appropriate advice to anyone who asks.

Enterprise guys, do your thing
    Obviously this is Blackberry's responsibility, not their customers.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 03:01 PM
    I stopped recommending BB10 in the last year, because before that everyone that bought BB10 at my recommendation before that was pestering me with "I can't find this app, can you help me?" or "this app is requiring google play services and is not working fine for me. Can you help me?". I got tired of "fixing" issue so I just started recommending good Android phones or iPhones.
    Bbnivende and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-22-15 03:40 PM
    Did my part. Bought like 10 devices from BlackBerry. Mostly all paid for outright at full price.
    10 devices. Southlander, I salute you!

I've personally purchased 5 BB10 phones myself and helped my family members to get by with sideloaded apps when they could have switched platforms.
    CecilTsunami, I salute you!

~~~~

Lots of old wounded warriors in CB kingdom, I see it now. Long loyalty repaid by what? A merry-go-round of missed opportunities, tactical blunders, death by a thousand small cuts, broken promises, etc. In the corner, the bard plays his melancholy...

Hey guys! It's ok. Cheer up. Nextbit has what, 10 employees(?), and they are all smiling and psyched that their cloud-connected phone is the best thing since sliced bread. And good on them. If those 10 dudes can be optimistic, so can we. More good stuff to come!
    vanrickman and Asvertus like this.
    11-22-15 06:02 PM
    I have a passport, a Q10 and a Z10. Shop around and buy many BB apps, as well. About to buy Playbook and 9900. But DO NOT ask me to buy priv! Never!
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 11-23-15 at 11:40 AM.
    11-23-15 04:04 AM
    Seriously though, Blackberry does need a really good, up-to-speed consumer market strategy that can stand against the current giants. And that means quality apps, open-mindedness to new ideas and a strong developer relationship to bring the ecosystem truly alive.
    vanrickman likes this.
    11-23-15 04:28 AM
    Long loyalty repaid by what?
    What do I have to show for the past 12 years using RIM/BlackBerry devices?

-- Twelve hassle-free years of productivity and satisfaction.
    -- Freedom to go on vacation and spend time with my young daughter without having to call in to work to check how things are going.
    -- Three promotions from being able to jump into late-night executive conversations.
    -- Being able to start my own business and project a professional image to my clients and their customers without missing a beat.

All of these items and many more have been greatly supported by RIM/Blackberry, the smartest of smartphones for business communications and organization. The more popular platforms have more 3rd party app support bus less native functionality.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 09:19 AM

-- Freedom to go on vacation and spend time with my young daughter without having to call in to work to check how things are going.
    -- Three promotions from being able to jump into late-night executive conversations.
    -- Being able to start my own business and project a professional image to my clients and their customers without missing a beat.

All of these items and many more have been greatly supported by RIM/Blackberry, the smartest of smartphones for business communications and organization. The more popular platforms have more 3rd party app support bus less native functionality.

Posted via CB10
    It was BlackBerry's plan to distill native functionality into a suite of apps.

Presumably BlackBerry will continue to make PKB devices that will employ these apps.

http://liliputing.com/2015/03/blackb...d-windows.html

It is still early days. They have a long ways to go in order to make a BlackBerry skin that can work well on the Android platform.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 10:27 AM
    87th actually.

OP intentions are sound. One problem with BlackBerry is their phones tend to last so people like me feel no need to get a new one. And yet if they put out a shotty one, they get chastised.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I never used to buy a new phone save for when I broke my current one until I moved onto BlackBerry, now I feel like supporting the great company and just know the devices will last too long to buy one often if I'm relying on them breaking... so I just have multiple devices now

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-23-15 10:35 AM
    I did my part.

Bought a Q10, Z30, and Z10.

Also bought tons of apps on the store.

But I am just not interested in the newer BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    vanrickman likes this.
    11-23-15 10:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's the spirit! Quality post right here.
    11-23-15 07:02 PM
    I did my part.

Bought a Q10, Z30, and Z10.

Also bought tons of apps on the store.

But I am just not interested in the newer BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10

But but but, the Passport??? By the way, who was the lead designer on the Passport? Owe him or her a beer.
    11-23-15 07:05 PM
    But but but, the Passport??? By the way, who was the lead designer on the Passport? Owe him or her a beer.
    It's just too big for me to bike or run with it in a pocket.

I also do not like the sealed in battery. It is going to be a paperweight once the battery wears out in 18-24 months.
    11-23-15 07:19 PM
    It's just too big for me to bike or run with it in a pocket.

I also do not like the sealed in battery. It is going to be a paperweight once the battery wears out in 18-24 months.
    I bet it lasts a LOT longer than that. My original Z10 battery from 32 months ago is still plenty usable, (6-8 hours of decent, though not heavy use). I'm think you are overestimating how quickly batteries degrade.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 08:28 PM
    I bet it lasts a LOT longer than that. My original Z10 battery from 32 months ago is still plenty usable, (6-8 hours of decent, though not heavy use). I'm think you are overestimating how quickly batteries degrade.

Posted via CB10
    It is great that you have had good luck.

But statistically speaking, batteries start to crop out around the two year mark.

Manufacturers know that the average phone contract is two years; and non removable batteries happen to be a great way to keep people buying new phones since people would have to spend money on fixing the battery around that time anyways.

For example, one of the biggest repairs for Iphones happen to be battery replacement.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 09:06 PM
    While I do prefer removable batteries, my z10 is also over 2 years old and the battery is still okay.

Just checked and the battery is at 23% while almost done its second day, albeit under light use.

Posted via Q5.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 09:09 PM

But statistically speaking, batteries start to crop out around the two year mark.

Manufacturers know that the average phone contract is two years; and non removable batteries happen to be a great way to keep people buying new phones since people would have to spend money on fixing the battery around that time anyways.

For example, one of the biggest repairs for Iphones happen to be battery replacement.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not disputing that battery performance degrades over time. But I don't think there's a dramatic drop off at the two year mark. It's a slow and steady process. Phones with bigger batteries to start with have a significant advantage. iPhones are indeed engineered to become obsolete quickly, but I haven't experienced that with BlackBerry phones. They've always lasted at least three years in my experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 12:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    This would be a good post if you weren't equating the build quality of BlackBerry to that of Apple, when they aren't even comparable let alone equatable.

It's crappy that iPhone batteries die so fast, but how does that say anthing about the battery in a BlackBerry phone?

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    11-25-15 03:19 PM
    I'm not disputing that battery performance degrades over time. But I don't think there's a dramatic drop off at the two year mark. It's a slow and steady process. Phones with bigger batteries to start with have a significant advantage. iPhones are indeed engineered to become obsolete quickly, but I haven't experienced that with BlackBerry phones. They've always lasted at least three years in my experience.

Posted via CB10
    Our family iPhone 5 is 2.5 years old. Battery health is 84 %. Cycles are 270.

By the time the battery craps out , we will likely need a new phone any way.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 05:06 PM
    Good read.

While I have zero interest in the Priv, I truly hope it sells, and sells well.

I want Blackberry to one day be a company that can afford to play in the Android market and be profitable as well as offer a niche set of quality, premium BB10 phones that will see 2 year cycles of refreshes for the BB users that want to continue with their OS.
    11-25-15 05:08 PM
    Good read.

While I have zero interest in the Priv, I truly hope it sells, and sells well.

I want Blackberry to one day be a company that can afford to play in the Android market and be profitable as well as offer a niche set of quality, premium BB10 phones that will see 2 year cycles of refreshes for the BB users that want to continue with their OS.
    Unlikely, but not impossible, and if it ever does happen I will cry tears of joy every day

11-25-15 05:32 PM
    Unlikely, but not impossible, and if it ever does happen I will cry tears of joy every day

Just about everyone here likes BlackBerry 10 but how many would buy a BlackBerry that did not use apps that required runtime. Could you rely solely on native apps?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 06:47 PM
    This would be a good post if you weren't equating the build quality of BlackBerry to that of Apple, when they aren't even comparable let alone equatable.

It's crappy that iPhone batteries die so fast, but how does that say anthing about the battery in a BlackBerry phone?

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    The basic lithium ion battery tech in all phones is the same. Therefore, it is not unreasonable to expect battery degradation in all lithium ion batteries including that of both Iphones and BlackBerries. I was just providing an example of Iphone repair numbers since they have a lot more users than BlackBerry.
    domokeats09 likes this.
    11-25-15 07:28 PM
    Just about everyone here likes BlackBerry 10 but how many would buy a BlackBerry that did not use apps that required runtime. Could you rely solely on native apps?

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, I actually think I could as long as they kept the browser in top shape - I do most things through the browser.
    11-25-15 07:39 PM
    I'm more than satisfied with my Q10. Use both Z10 as well. Bottom line is the Q is the best phone I've had for some time. It's perfect for size, speed and fits my life well. To each his own

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    11-25-15 08:27 PM
60 123