I was told by a T-Mobile retail store rep that the $30 unlimited text, data and 100 minutes plan included the BlackBerry services. He even called in to have the plan running for me because it is not available in stores. The person he talked to talked to his/her supervisor and told the rep that I would have call and text availble right away but I had to wait 24 hours to get my BlackBerry services/data. I had to call 611, tell them I want the BlackBerry data, it was free of charge and to give them the number/code 1234. This was around 6-7 PM yesterday.

I called 611 today and went through four different people and was told my the last two that it was not free and I had to pay an extra $10.

What can I do? I want at least the BlackBerry data/services that I was told. Should I wait until 24 hours pass exactly? I have the full name of the retail rep and his employee number. Maybe call them after 24 hours, give them the name, employee number and maybe have them listen to the conversation?

Please help! This is an outrage! Lying to consumers and consumer not getting what they were told. Action has to be taken!
    02-09-14 11:03 AM
    I was told by a T-Mobile retail store rep that the $30 unlimited text, data and 100 minutes plan included the BlackBerry services. He even called in to have the plan running for me because it is not available in stores. The person he talked to talked to his/her supervisor and told the rep that I would have call and text availble right away but I had to wait 24 hours to get my BlackBerry services/data. I had to call 611, tell them I want the BlackBerry data, it was free of charge and to give them the number/code 1234. This was around 6-7 PM yesterday.

I called 611 today and went through four different people and was told my the last two that it was not free and I had to pay an extra $10.

What can I do? I want at least the BlackBerry data/services that I was told. Should I wait until 24 hours pass exactly? I have the full name of the retail rep and his employee number. Maybe call them after 24 hours, give them the name, employee number and maybe have them listen to the conversation?

Please help! This is an outrage! Lying to consumers and consumer not getting what they were told. Action has to be taken!
    What phone do you have? Is it OS7 is it BB10…. ? These all make a difference.. I know that on AT&T they have a special blackberry feature for my bb10, however, its the same price as the regular data plan… But i can not move my bb sim card into another phone, it will not recognize it.. I can not speak to Tmobile except to say, that you should ditch tmobile or threaten to leave tmobile, because I bet someone will listen to you then and make it happen…
    02-09-14 11:20 AM
    What phone do you have? Is it OS7 is it BB10…. ? These all make a difference.. I know that on AT&T they have a special blackberry feature for my bb10, however, its the same price as the regular data plan… But i can not move my bb sim card into another phone, it will not recognize it.. I can not speak to Tmobile except to say, that you should ditch tmobile or threaten to leave tmobile, because I bet someone will listen to you then and make it happen…
    It's BB OS 7. I brought it in my own unlocked phone and the $30 plan is pre paid. I want them to keep their word. Can I take legal action? What is the best things I can do? I'm going to call after the 24 hours is up and if it doesn't work then go to the store again. But if none of that works what's the best thing I can do?
    02-09-14 11:34 AM
    I say talk to the Supervisor or even go as far to speak to the manager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-09-14 12:48 PM
    BBOS devices don't qualify for the $30 plan because they require a BIS plan, and always have. BB10 devices qualify for the plan because they don't use BIS. Unfortunately, the rep in question was wrong, and if you escalate, maybe they'll refund your $30, but that's about as much as you're going to get.

Most pre-paid plans charge extra for BIS - maybe all of them. Extra charges for BIS have always been a BB issue..
    02-09-14 01:06 PM
    BBOS devices don't qualify for the $30 plan because they require a BIS plan, and always have. BB10 devices qualify for the plan because they don't use BIS. Unfortunately, the rep in question was wrong, and if you escalate, maybe they'll refund your $30, but that's about as much as you're going to get.

Most pre-paid plans charge extra for BIS - maybe all of them. Extra charges for BIS have always been a BB issue..
    The Tmobile retail rep called in, spoke to someone, then that person spoke to the supervisor. How can the supervisor give incorrect information? especially such a simple one.
    02-09-14 01:28 PM