I used to text using a razor and you were unlimited to how many characters you could use when texting. My blackberry curve has a limit. Is there a way to increase the amount of characters per text?
    01-21-09 05:21 PM
    The blackberry curve from Verizon does not support that. You can send an email, or mms if the other person you are typing to can accept that. Otherwise, just send one message, then continue in another message. Im used to, if i run out of characters quickly send that text, then quickly type another text and send it so the person recieves two messages. I type super fast on my berry so it isn't a problem for me.
    01-21-09 05:35 PM
    The limit is not imposed by the phone, or the provider, it is a limit inherent in SMS. No provider or phone can exceed 160 characters per SMS text. What some phones will do, however, is split up the message into multiple messages. BB's do not do this.
    01-21-09 05:51 PM
    What Ashlyn said is your best option. If the other person can't receive e-mails to their phone, you can use as many characters as you'd like in an MMS.
    01-21-09 05:55 PM
    My bb bold allows me to send 6 texts in one go, each with 160 characters, so bb's can do this, I'm on Vodafone UK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 06:50 PM
    My bb bold allows me to send 6 texts in one go, each with 160 characters, so bb's can do this, I'm on Vodafone UK

I knew when I said that someone would prove me wrong.
    01-21-09 07:13 PM
    I knew when I said that someone would prove me wrong.
    Lol, there's always one

01-21-09 07:25 PM
    i had an 800w and i had to hack and reconfigure the registry and set my phone to allow 1600 characters.

god i loved sending a 10 page txt, lmao
    01-21-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD