I wonder why people are so much in a rush to say this is the end of BlackBerry smartphones. Read the following article and you will see that it's just the beginning of a new era

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/29/bl...ource=Facebook

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    09-30-16 09:20 AM
    I personally don't have faith in their new strategy working in the long run. I predict failure or buy out in the next year or 2.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-30-16 09:22 AM
    I personally don't have faith in their new strategy working in the long run. I predict failure or buy out in the next year or 2.
    There is a possibility of that happening but at the moment there is still hope of more BlackBerry devices being released

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    09-30-16 09:25 AM
    making more phones is one thing. Getting people to buy them .........
    MikeX74 and TgeekB like this.
    09-30-16 09:28 AM
    While the company will continue to develop its BB10 software for other markets,
    With that comment I pretty much disregard the whole article.

Right now there is really no way to know what the future hold for BlackBerry branded phones in different markets... but as Chen made it clear they only had one partener at this time and that there was no guarantee about the others they were in talks with.... What's said outside the earnings call is fluff...
    09-30-16 09:43 AM

Right now there is really no way to know what the future hold for BlackBerry branded phones in different markets... but as Chen made it clear they only had one partener at this time and that there was no guarantee about the others they were in talks with.... What's said outside the earnings call is fluff...
    This is BlackBerry's head of the device division talking, isn't it?

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    09-30-16 09:48 AM
    How about al little budget for marketing
    09-30-16 10:02 AM
    The only BB news my non BB using friends see are bad news, and there is little point in explaining the difference between exit and warmed over, brand slapped on products.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    09-30-16 10:11 AM
    Another interesting article here also:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/black...?trk=prof-post

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    09-30-16 10:56 AM
    Seriously. What will it take for people to believe it?
    09-30-16 11:01 AM
    There is a possibility of that happening but at the moment there is still hope of more BlackBerry devices being released

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    I expect to see more devices but running Android i see no point. While offering far more consumer friendly hardware than BB10 ever had they still failed to slow the quarterly sales loss. Clearly they were completely wrong about everything and continue to make misguided decisions.
    09-30-16 11:26 AM

I would guess the only people interested in BlackBerry 10 are government who need super secure phones and won't allow apps to be installed thus not needing play store. Other than that they let it die a slow death. IF the could have afforded the Microsoft approach and kept developing bb10 and phones they might have grown. But the vast majority were told they are going bankrupt. There was no upgrade path other than to leave BlackBerry. But they didn't so it's neither here nor there.

#luvmybb10os
    09-30-16 12:27 PM
    If BlackBerry can't sell their own devices, why would any other company risk their resources in making BlackBerry phones and sell them? BlackBerry is done, thanks to the almighty Chen. Apple is already looking at enterprise now that BlackBerry quit.

Posted via CB10
    Orange UK and gebco like this.
    09-30-16 12:34 PM
    I would guess the only people interested in BlackBerry 10 are government who need super secure phones and won't allow apps to be installed thus not needing play store. Other than that they let it die a slow death. IF the could have afforded the Microsoft approach and kept developing bb10 and phones they might have grown. But the vast majority were told they are going bankrupt. There was no upgrade path other than to leave BlackBerry. But they didn't so it's neither here nor there.

#luvmybb10os
    Actually government agencies are not buying BB phones either. Even the Canadian government is switching as well
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-30-16 12:52 PM
    Another interesting article here also:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/black...?trk=prof-post

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    Really??? a linkedin post from a sales guy?? only on crackberry
    DrBoomBotz, JeepBB and JohnGrey like this.
    09-30-16 12:54 PM
    There is a demand for Blackberries within agencies of the U.S. Government (and DoD entities), but that demand is tiny, relatively speaking, compared to the general private industry and consumer market.
    09-30-16 01:05 PM
    This is not the end of BlackBerry phones because BlackBerry will continue research, development and producing phones, via external resources.

This is the end of BlackBerry phones because BlackBerry won't sell them anymore -- they're all killed before they're ever born, by media.

Casting my eyes over dozens of tech news Websites of Czech republic and Vietnam -- countries where BlackBerry smartphones are still pretty relevant for now, I can find only titles like:

"BlackBerry stops making phones".

"BlackBerry closes phone division".

"BlackBerry formally ends its phone era."

"BlackBerry phones -- glory and death."

"BlackBerry's 32-year legendary life cycle -- the history."

"BlackBerry -- complete list of phones."

"My beloved BlackBerry. My banks of memory."

etc. So, no matter what they write or who they cite, BlackBerry phones are done.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    09-30-16 01:14 PM
    Really??? a linkedin post from a sales guy?? only on crackberry
    So you would prefer an article from a journalist? tech blogger?

Considering that BlackBerry major flaw was failing to sell their concept of mobile technology, wouldn't an article from a sales guy be fitting?

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    09-30-16 01:19 PM
    I deduced that there would be challenges to Blackberry's survival after acquiring (I won 2 of them in a Vodafone Italia contest) and using a Blackberry Bold, back in late 2008. I had been using an original iPhone and the comparative clunkiness of the Bold was all too obvious. I mentioned this in what I considered relatively polite post here, back in 2009 and the gist of the responses were to call me a troll and worse.

Since the company I am with is a Blackberry U.S. Government supplier, it's sad that Blackberry is going out of the handset business. We sold about 1,000 Blackberry devices to the Federal Government (very low quantity) this year, and Blackberry has been a very good manufacturer to us. The people at Blackberry we deal with are also very nice people.

02-06-09, 01:46 AM
    #20 Report Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NasaRacer View Post
    Give the guy a break. I don't think there is anything wrong with some healthy criticism on any topic. He wasn't being mean or rude. He was just expressing his opinion and experiences which I think is a fine thing to do.

he could have replied to the already billion threads already created where people feel the need to tell us they don't like the product we own.
    09-30-16 01:41 PM
    If BlackBerry can't sell their own devices, why would any other company risk their resources in making BlackBerry phones and sell them? BlackBerry is done, thanks to the almighty Chen. Apple is already looking at enterprise now that BlackBerry quit.

Posted via CB10
    Because they will not do what BlackBerry did... but we are talking about so far just one regional partner, one in probable BlackBerry's biggest market right now. They will probably build on phone that won't have important taxes or fees... won't be designed by someone in Canada that has no clue what users in Indonesia want, won't be bogged down by security features that are needed. And will be designed to meet the price point of that market. I expect we will see a $150 BlackBerry.... that few here in the US would want, but that might be just what the users there do want.

But there is no guarantee that this will work... they are taking a HUGE risk. Which is why there is only a per device fee...
    togarika likes this.
    09-30-16 01:50 PM
    Chen made it clear they only had one partener at this time and that there was no guarantee about the others they were in talks with.... What's said outside the earnings call is fluff...
    This is the bottom line. Occasionally Chinese manfacturers will buy or use brand names with a long history like Polaroid or RCA to sell rebranded Chinese tech in the west. After this latest move II don't know that the brand has enough consumer good will left in the north American market to warrant that sort of arrangement.

Reality probably looks like this: no further os 10.3 updates after 10.3.3 - assuming that is even released and no further android support after q1 of 2018...and that only because of legal agreements with Google.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 01:57 PM
    This is the bottom line. Occasionally Chinese manfacturers will buy or use brand names with a long history like Polaroid or RCA to sell rebranded Chinese tech in the west. After this latest move II don't know that the brand has enough consumer good will left in the north American market to warrant that sort of arrangement.

Reality probably looks like this: no further os 10.3 updates after 10.3.3 - assuming that is even released and no further android support after q1 of 2018...and that only because of legal agreements with Google.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm in the market for a new large screen... very surprised the number of old brands that have returned, and who it is actually manufacturing those TVs.

TCL is one of the fastest growing "brands" in the US today... using both their own brand and a couple of better known defunct western brands. But their products are J U N K (sorry if you own one) but most every tech site says you get what you pay for, and if you would pay a little more you'd be happier about it. Really makes me wonder about the long term "quality" of the DTEKs......
    09-30-16 03:14 PM
    Outsourced hardware is cheap, so brilliant specs on a keyboard and touchscreen variants, a What's App commitment and sell at cost, flooding the market is the only way to save the Blackberry brand. Unestablished brands need to sell at a loss, BB only needs to do it at cost to save itself, BB10 and BBAndy specs have done nothing to inspire the market... Apple and Samsung lead, even how Samsung handled the recent battery issue was professional, with the Z10 a new battery and back cover would have been all it took.

Samsung blip may be a blessing to BB if (that's a BIG IF) BB deliver now a market blower to save its brand, it only has Apple to compete with, it has to move fast, now, Xmas market... cheap top spec'd BB to market now. Even cheekily sell it with a 3 year battery guarantee - they are cheap enough to replace.

In business you capitalise on everything, esp your competitors blips.
    09-30-16 03:17 PM
    This is not the end of BlackBerry phones because BlackBerry will continue research, development and producing phones, via external resources.

This is the end of BlackBerry phones because BlackBerry won't sell them anymore -- they're all killed before they're ever born, by media.

Casting my eyes over dozens of tech news Websites of Czech republic and Vietnam -- countries where BlackBerry smartphones are still pretty relevant for now, I can find only titles like:

"BlackBerry stops making phones".

"BlackBerry closes phone division".

"BlackBerry formally ends its phone era."

"BlackBerry phones -- glory and death."

"BlackBerry's 32-year legendary life cycle -- the history."

"BlackBerry -- complete list of phones."

"My beloved BlackBerry. My banks of memory."

etc. So, no matter what they write or who they cite, BlackBerry phones are done.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    You're acting like these statements are going to push people away from buying Blackberry phones. People aren't reading these headlines and saying "Oh no, I was just getting ready to run out and buy a Blackberry." They weren't. The consumer market for BlackBerry has been dead and buried for a while now.
    JeepBB, bakron1 and MikeX74 like this.
    09-30-16 03:47 PM
    I wonder why people are so much in a rush to say this is the end of BlackBerry smartphones.
    Because it's the end of Blackberry smartphones? Nothing in that article changes that fact - it's the start of the "if your cheque clears you can slap the blackberry name on that phone" era.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-30-16 03:59 PM
31 12