09-12-08 01:36 PM
- My NE2 with Verizon is set for mid Oct. I am trying to decide what to get, though not many choices with Verizon. I am leaning toward a curve as i had a Palm PDA and am comfortable with QWERTY. Can someone tell me what wifi offers if you have a bb? I am totally new to this bb-thing. I keep looking for any info on the Storm, though i am not sure about the keyboard on it. Anyone know if it will have Wifi? or is that something Verizon turns off.
Love this site - plenty of information for those trying to make a decision although it gets a little confusing09-12-08 10:55 AM
- Well the Curve from Verizon won't have WiFi, but I think you might know that already. I tried searching for info about WiFi on the Storm, and I don't see any. If I had to guess, I would say it won't have WiFi.
If you're choosing between the two, it all comes down to if you want a touch screen or physical qwerty keyboard.09-12-08 12:07 PM
- No wifi is correct. Good job on doing your research before buying. I wish I had dont that before I bought my curve 2 weeks ago. If I had, I would have bought a blackberry a LOOOOOONG time ago lol. I suffered with a Motorola Q for 2 years and if I had known how much I would enjoy BB i would have paid retail for it. However, it was nice to get it for free. lol
I have nothing but good things to say about my Curve. Thats not to say that there arent a few minor things I would change from the stock setup. Very minor. Everyone told me for a long time to switch to a BB but I always said "why would I want a Whackberry?" lol Now I know what Ive been missing out on this entire time.
My advice is go out and get one, you have the 30 day trial to decide that you like it. I didnt need the 30 days, after 5 days I knew I didnt want to give it up. Best of luck and check back here once you pick one up and check out some of the most advised threads for initial setup. Like memory optimization, and maybe an OS upgrade. However make sure you failiarize yourself with it the way it comes out of the box first. Give it a week as-is and then start looking to make changes. ONE CHANGE AT A TIME. Make the change then leave it that way for a day or two to make sure you want to keep the change, then consider the next change.
If you have any questions, there are plenty of people on here willing to help. And remember to search the forms for answers because I have yet to find one question that I came up with that hadn't already been answered.
Last edited by Mr Fantastic; 09-12-08 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo09-12-08 12:29 PM
- P.S. Go into a store and see if they'll let you NE2 early. Its only a month difference and the rep may want to move a unit. Also, make sure you ask them to give you the $70 rebate as an in-store rebate and not a mail in. My rep helped me with that and my total price ended up at $0. If they dont want to just remind them that you could go to any carrier as of mid-october and you would hate to have to switch for such a small ammount of money.
Keep in mind, I got mine two weeks ago. I dont think much has changed in that time in regards to the rebate but it never hurts to try. In the end, stay with Verizon. They rock! lol09-12-08 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD