View Poll Results: What mode do you like to KEEP your device in?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Normal

11 23.91%
  • Normal & Vibrate

15 32.61%
  • Silent

8 17.39%
  • Vibrate

12 26.09%
    Normal. Custom-built ringtone

From a Z30
    04-12-14 08:25 PM
    Silent /vibrate

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 08:45 PM
    Vibrate most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 08:57 PM
    Normal or phone calls only for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:11 PM
    Normal for me about 98%of the time.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:18 PM
    Vib mostly as the world doesn't need to know if I have a phone . I'm not that important

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:22 PM
    Vibrate in my legs while I drive my car to know messages from my babe.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:34 PM
    This is a simply survey.

What mode do you prefer your BlackBerry or Smartphone to be on (all the time):

Normal?

Silent?

Vibrate?

or even Normal and Vibrate?
    There's unfortunately no "all-the-time" setting.
    At work, since its sitting right in front of me, it's on Vibrate.
    At home and other places, its Normal.

I don't think I've ever used Silent *shudders* wonder what that's like...

LP&HG
    04-13-14 12:26 AM
    All of my devices stay on silent unless I'm expecting a phone call.

Notifications tend to cause me a great deal of anxiety. (I'm trying to work through this slight problem.) I'll even disable the LED at times. Or just flip the BlackBerry over.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 12:39 AM
    nonsence poll.

I allways have Phone Calls Only.
    Normal but phone calls only. Red light enough for any type of message

Posted via CB10
    Phone calls are usually the things I ignore more than anything else. I'll let them go to voicemail and reply via text the majority of the time.
    04-13-14 01:49 AM
    ... Notifications tend to cause me a great deal of anxiety. (I'm trying to work through this slight problem) ...
    Just curious ... Why do you suppose this is? Any theories yet?
    04-13-14 06:51 AM
    Over the years silent for me, seems to be the best. In my car I have Sync My Ride; so it is always connected when in the car, I even know when I get text messages. It will show on my screen.

Even when I'm at home, I still have the BlackBerry on silent. The red led rules

Loving the comments, keep 'em coming.
    04-13-14 06:55 AM
    If you get lots of emails and the likes at work, and then on your BlackBerry, too. I get where you're coming from.

Notifications tend to cause me a great deal of anxiety. (I'm trying to work through this slight problem.) I'll even disable the LED at times.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:57 AM
    Phone calls only for me!

Posted with a Q10 via CB10 ?
    I concur. Except when I am in a meeting (not too often) or with patient care. Then it's silent!
    04-13-14 07:23 AM
    Normal for everyday use, Silent for special occasions.

And of course I would use a Holster profile if it was available, I miss that.

No vibrate, never vibrate.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    04-13-14 07:31 AM
    Normal most of the time, silent when in the cinema, driving, church, vibrate when at work.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 07:41 AM
    Phone calls only. I will check new messages when I have time or I notice the led.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 09:17 AM
    Over the years silent for me ... Even when I'm at home, I still have the BlackBerry on silent. The red led rules
    I love the BlackBerry LED. Two questions:

1. Because the LED only flashes for 15 minutes, when you're using Silent mode do you find yourself waking the screen often to see if there are messages you missed?

2. Do you ever use the ringtone for phone calls? If not, do you often miss calls and end up having to call people back?

As I said, I find Silent with LED notification very useful when I'm with others if my Blackberry is within my sight and also on those occasions when I have to set my phone down somewhere, unattended, where audible and vibration notifications might attract nosy people.
    04-13-14 09:25 AM

1. Because the LED only flashes for 15 minutes, when you're using Silent mode do you find yourself waking the screen often to see if there are messages you missed?

2. Do you ever use the ringtone for phone calls? If not, do you often miss calls and end up having to call people back?

As I said, I find Silent with LED notification very useful when I'm with others if my Blackberry is within my sight and also on those occasions when I have to set my phone down somewhere, unattended, where audible and vibration notifications might attract nosy people.
    1. I check my BlackBerry if I've been away from it over fifteen minutes or so.

2. I don't use a ring tone for calls. I work at a desk (I.T.) and thus my BlackBerry is always within view, thus I can see an incoming call. If in my car, Ford Sync answers for me. Now, if out and about, then yes I could miss a call. Albeit, calls are rare for me. I spend hours upon hours on conference calls at work, thus I avoid talking on my mobile. Unless of course it is compulsory to take a call.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:24 PM
    Vibrate most of the times.
    Silent for special meetings or events that require it. I also turn my phone on silent before I go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-13-14 07:25 PM
    I most always have mine on vibrate unless I am waiting for an important call, then I will use the loud setting. If I need it to be silent I simply swipe it into bedside mode. I like bedside mode because if I am somewhere where the ringer must be off, I don't want the Led distracting me.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 08:40 PM
    Normal. But for me that's relative.

Silent when it is required.
    04-13-14 08:43 PM
    Silent first, or normal. I like the led it doesn't bother anyone especially while at work. On my bbos it was a different story. I miss the different led colors, since bb10 I've paid for a couple paid apps and removed them, they don't work well.
    04-13-14 08:48 PM

1 - not really, the led works well and to be honest I don't mind not responding to messages a second after I receiver a text, then people expect it. This is while I'm at work and at home. Having the phone beeping every 2min is annoying for me and my customers while at work, same goes on when at home, my wife doesn't need to hear all the bs, it ruins conversations.

2 - I'll miss the odd call, the led still goes off I'll normally call back within minutes, for the most part I see the screen light up and the blinky red light it's usually not a problem.

3 - if I know something super important going on that day, well i'll make sure to have full on loudness.
    04-13-14 09:10 PM
    hmmmm....OP your question reads like a Sex Ed session lol
    04-13-14 11:25 PM
84 1234