I'm trying to buy the Swoosh Sudoku game but they want my email address AND password. Is that normal to ask for my password to my email?
    07-25-08 05:06 PM
    are you sure they arent asking you to create an account with them? I doubt they are asking for your emial password...
    07-25-08 05:07 PM
    Yea they might but I don't really know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 05:20 PM
    Next to their request for my email password they say, "To access your account for downloads and activation codes".

The following site is their page...where I began the order and to pay with Paypal. The payment page is where I got stuck...wondering why they should have access to my email password. (I see no way to "Register", but just a place to "sign-up" to receive all their ads.)

SwooshSudoku for BlackBerry - Games BlackBerry Software on EverythingBerry
    07-25-08 05:23 PM
    Next to their request for my email password they say, "To access your account for downloads and activation codes".

The following site is their page...where I began the order and to pay with Paypal. The payment page is where I got stuck...wondering why they should have access to my email password. (I see no way to "Register", but just a place to "sign-up" to receive all their ads.)

SwooshSudoku for BlackBerry - Games BlackBerry Software on EverythingBerry

Ok I went through checkout and where you see that it is asking for your email addy and then a password for that particular site. Not your email password. In other words you are creating an account with them in order for you to access your items bought. Just type in the password you want.
    07-25-08 05:36 PM
    Okay now why didn't I think of that? (Don't answer that). I "created" a password and everything worked fine. I think I'll write to them and suggest they say "Create password" for people who think like me. Thanks so much!
    07-26-08 12:50 AM
    Hehe... glad you got your app.
    07-26-08 12:57 AM
    I guess we all have our moments sometimes. We just don't read in between the lines.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD