While I know there are a ton of threads about battery life, I have perused them and still have questions.

I charged the battery on my month-old Curve last yesterday evening, and checked the battery life before I went to bed around midnight--it was at 90%. Then I left it on my nightstand and this morning at 8am the battery was at 40%. Is this normal? It doesn't seem like 8 hours of standby should drain half my battery

The bluetooth was not on, no applications were running except I guess e-mail. I'm also pretty new to this blackberry stuff so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    06-27-08 08:23 AM
    Not normal at all. Try a battery pull and if that doesn't work get a new battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 08:28 AM
    i dont think a battery pull will help a bad battery, honestly get a free one from your carrier since they sold you a device with a bad battery
    06-27-08 08:40 AM
    Did you try holding Alt+Back to be sure everything is closed? Messages, BBM, Home, Call Log, and Browser will be there by default and can not be closed. Anything else is something running in the background.

Was your phone in a bad connectivity spot? If your phone is continually searching for signal it will drain the battery.

There are lots of other little things to look into before running out to get a new battery...
    06-27-08 08:47 AM
    Not normal at all. Try a battery pull and if that doesn't work get a new battery.

I had the Same problem ,, I did the Battery Pull and it Worked for me,, Not sure what the Battery Pull did But It fixed the Problem
    06-27-08 08:49 AM
    My wife's pearl had a similar problem. She had it on the charger all night and and took it off sometime in the morning and it was almost fully drained by 1 pm and she didn't talk on it at all. We backed up her phone, wiped it and restore and everything is cool now. Try that when you can if nothing else works.
    06-27-08 08:58 AM
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I just did the battery pull and am charging my phone now... so I'll see how it goes tomorrow! Thanks again
    06-27-08 11:17 PM
    I don't tha should be happening also do you all wait for the battery to drain all the way down or do you just charge it every night like me. I take it off the charger when I get up and put it in at night

06-27-08 11:31 PM
    I have been having really bad battery life on my pearl too. I have noticed that in 3.5 hours of time I'm down 25% from a full charge and it has been in my holster that whole time. I do work in an office build that if your not right next to the window you have no signal. Maybe this is why. I do notice on the weekends at home the battery lasts a bit longer. Maybe I'll try the wipe and restore and see if things improve.
    06-27-08 11:34 PM
    I don't tha should be happening also do you all wait for the battery to drain all the way down or do you just charge it every night like me. I take it off the charger when I get up and put it in at night

We talked about this before. The current technology in rechargible batteries has changed from the old days of messing up the battery memory by charging it too soon or over charging. You can plug up your BB and charge it all you want or (as recommended) top it off during the day to have a fresh charge after work. You can't hurt it and there is no need to let it drain down before you charge it again.

Like the others said, if its new, take it back and get a new battery. You shouldn't be having problems with it so soon. Mine is over a year old and still no problems. Also, is the device showing its actually trying to charge the battery when you plug it up? I had USB plug problems before and it wouldn't charge. ATT replaced my phone that time. Good luck
    06-27-08 11:59 PM
    I have had a Pearl for about 2 weeks now. I have needed to charge it twice since I got it and it charged with no problem. I went to charge it yesterday morning, just pluged it in as usual but when I checked on it hours later it was still dead. It has been pluged in since and still nothing. I have tried a battery pull but that did nothing. When I plug the charger in the light on the top corner of the phone turns on red for about 30 seconds and then turns off. If I try to turn the phone on while it's pluged in (and this will only happen once unless I unpluge the charger and try again) a picture of a battery with a bolt of lighting going accross it shows up.

Does anyone know if or what I should do? Or if this has happend to you? Please just send me a personal message as I am having trouble getting around this site. I am very new. lol. Thank you so very much. Mike
    06-28-08 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD