06-28-08 08:34 PM
- While I know there are a ton of threads about battery life, I have perused them and still have questions.
I charged the battery on my month-old Curve last yesterday evening, and checked the battery life before I went to bed around midnight--it was at 90%. Then I left it on my nightstand and this morning at 8am the battery was at 40%. Is this normal? It doesn't seem like 8 hours of standby should drain half my battery
The bluetooth was not on, no applications were running except I guess e-mail. I'm also pretty new to this blackberry stuff so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!06-27-08 08:23 AM
- Did you try holding Alt+Back to be sure everything is closed? Messages, BBM, Home, Call Log, and Browser will be there by default and can not be closed. Anything else is something running in the background.
Was your phone in a bad connectivity spot? If your phone is continually searching for signal it will drain the battery.
There are lots of other little things to look into before running out to get a new battery...06-27-08 08:47 AM
- 06-27-08 08:49 AM
- My wife's pearl had a similar problem. She had it on the charger all night and and took it off sometime in the morning and it was almost fully drained by 1 pm and she didn't talk on it at all. We backed up her phone, wiped it and restore and everything is cool now. Try that when you can if nothing else works.06-27-08 08:58 AM
- I have been having really bad battery life on my pearl too. I have noticed that in 3.5 hours of time I'm down 25% from a full charge and it has been in my holster that whole time. I do work in an office build that if your not right next to the window you have no signal. Maybe this is why. I do notice on the weekends at home the battery lasts a bit longer. Maybe I'll try the wipe and restore and see if things improve.06-27-08 11:34 PM
Like the others said, if its new, take it back and get a new battery. You shouldn't be having problems with it so soon. Mine is over a year old and still no problems. Also, is the device showing its actually trying to charge the battery when you plug it up? I had USB plug problems before and it wouldn't charge. ATT replaced my phone that time. Good luck06-27-08 11:59 PM
- I have had a Pearl for about 2 weeks now. I have needed to charge it twice since I got it and it charged with no problem. I went to charge it yesterday morning, just pluged it in as usual but when I checked on it hours later it was still dead. It has been pluged in since and still nothing. I have tried a battery pull but that did nothing. When I plug the charger in the light on the top corner of the phone turns on red for about 30 seconds and then turns off. If I try to turn the phone on while it's pluged in (and this will only happen once unless I unpluge the charger and try again) a picture of a battery with a bolt of lighting going accross it shows up.
Does anyone know if or what I should do? Or if this has happend to you? Please just send me a personal message as I am having trouble getting around this site. I am very new. lol. Thank you so very much. Mike06-28-08 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD