- CrackBerry User
- 20 Posts
Noob question about buying from Ebay
I'm a total BB noob but have become interested in getting one. If I buy a used one from Ebay what's the deal with the BBM PIN? Can I transfer the phone to me without the seller being involved or do they have to de-register it first?
- 04-02-2012, 10:40 AM #5
Ensure the device is able to be used before you buy it (or make sure you have recourse should the device not be in working condition)Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
Blackberry 9900 (v18.104.22.1689 Rogers/BES), Playbook (v22.214.171.1244) | Rooted SGS III
- 04-02-2012, 12:10 PM #6
Buying a BlackBerry from another person is a great way to do business; but you have to be careful when dealing with PIN's and other identification issues. I agree with the other posters: make sure the phone works and/or get the owner's contact information in case you need help or have questions. Good luck, and have fun with your new phone!
- BlackBerry Diva
04-02-2012, 11:50 PM #7
- 6,869 Posts
When buying a phone from ebay:
1. Buy from a seller with a high percentage of positive feedback.
2. Buy a phone that will work on your carrier.
3. Read the listing carefully, especially to verify the return policy.
4. Stay away from shady sellers that sell blacklisted or stolen phones.
5. Pay with PayPal because they can mediate for you if you have a dispute about your purchase.
If you post a link for the phone you are considering, we can give you our opinion of the deal.~DENISE~
YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!
PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.