I figured since I posted this in the Bold forum, I should probably ask the rest of the crackberry community as well!

I've heard of a lot of people (throughout the threads) who have had some sort of a problem(s) with their blackberry. I'm talking about defective blackberrys that people get when they FIRST get their blackberry (not due to negligence of the consumer.. you). So it seems many people are on their 2nd, 3rd or maybe more blackberry.

I personally have been using my BB Bold for over 2 months now and never had a problem with it. To be honest, I've never had problematic (or defective) blackberries or for that matter any other previous phone. I've replaced my SE T610 when i got it way back when. However, that was due to my negligence (i lost my first one)!

So who's still using their blackberry (that didn't need to be replaced)??
    01-29-09 11:33 AM
    Me, and about 98% of all BlackBerry owners.

Quality control is critical in any manufacturing process, BlackBerry is no exception. Unfortunately, components can fail, that is exactly the reason we have a warranty. The manufacture expects an acceptably small percentage of hardware failures.

You get a distorted viewpoint in a forum. It is far more likely you will see a post with a problem then one from the 98% of satisfied users.
    01-29-09 03:01 PM
    ======> *satisfied user post*
    01-29-09 03:07 PM
    As a Storm owner I must admit I had to have my original replaced, due to a poorly clicking screen (It had a dead spot), BUT my replacement has been flawless. (Software aside of course )
    01-29-09 03:10 PM
    Haven't had a defective Berry yet.
    01-29-09 03:12 PM
    I figured since I posted this in the Bold forum, I should probably ask the rest of the crackberry community as well!

I've heard of a lot of people (throughout the threads) who have had some sort of a problem(s) with their blackberry. I'm talking about defective blackberrys that people get when they FIRST get their blackberry (not due to negligence of the consumer.. you). So it seems many people are on their 2nd, 3rd or maybe more blackberry.

I personally have been using my BB Bold for over 2 months now and never had a problem with it. To be honest, I've never had problematic (or defective) blackberries or for that matter any other previous phone. I've replaced my SE T610 when i got it way back when. However, that was due to my negligence (i lost my first one)!

So who's still using their blackberry (that didn't need to be replaced)??
    I think its hard to compare the bold to the storm. They are to me two different concepts. You are going to have more issues with the storm.
    01-29-09 03:15 PM
    Here's a thread that I made a few days ago about defective phones, but the majority of the responses are from people who have -- and never needed to replace -- their original ones!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...d-well-145101/
    01-29-09 04:20 PM
    No replacements needed here, everything has always worked as it should
    01-29-09 04:57 PM
    No replacement here. Still on my first (and hopefully ONLY) Bold.
    01-29-09 05:08 PM
    Still on my first Bold. Since about right before Thanksgiving.

Replaced my ex-Curve about 8 times though. If I had been more CB savvy though, I have a feeling I would have only replaced about maybe 3 times.
    01-29-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD