Is becuase they went through a tough trial and google didn't even help them.
    Are you sure? I've read otherwise. I've read that Google did help Samsung in their trial against Apple. And why wouldn't they?
    09-19-12 09:41 PM
    If anything Samsung are screwing up with their ATIV phone design. It looks so similar to their Android phones, consumers will be confused.

HTC's new Windows Phones look significantly different to their Android HTC phones. The HTC design is similar to Nokia's design so consumers will instantly recognise that these are Windows Phones and this will help push the brand.
    09-19-12 11:41 PM
    If anything Samsung are screwing up with their ATIV phone design. It looks so similar to their Android phones, consumers will be confused.

HTC's new Windows Phones look significantly different to their Android HTC phones. The HTC design is similar to Nokia's design so consumers will instantly recognise that these are Windows Phones and this will help push the brand.
    Ok I suppose for MS but not so good for Nokia!. Nokia must have known this was going to happen. Their going to end up a small fish in a big pond. I say right now MS buys Nokia for a song in less than 2 years!
    09-20-12 05:54 AM
    yea. I agree Android does have significant problems with IOS. Apple needs to Win this. This will gain MS and RIM. But more MS because it will make more OEMs adopt something different like Wp8 and BB10. since MS offers patent protection with almost every Android OEM. I do think Android OEMs will leave Android and leaving Sammy and HTC
    Unless consumers buy WP8 devices in significant numbers and at high margins for the OEMs, how does all the patent protection in the world help them?

People are putting the chicken before the egg, OEMs leaped on Android because it was a life-raft in a rising tide - there is very little evidence that WP will do the same and absolutely zero (because it does not currently exist as a product) that BB10 provides any commercial value.
    09-20-12 06:00 AM
    No wait. Not meaning Dropping Android I mean Putting more focus into Wp8. and advertising their Ativ Devices. Of course Sammy wouldn't drop Android
    Let's see.... in 2012, they sold about 30 million Galaxy S3 phones and Notes, with a approximate average gross profit of $300 each assuming average BOM of about $200. That's about $9 billion in gross profit. They lost $1 billion to a lawsuit, which still puts them ahead in the $8 billion range. WHY IN THE NAME OF JOHN MAYNARD KEYNES WOULD THEY PUT MORE FOCUS ON WP8?????? That's almost like winning the Powerball and deciding to focus on your 2 for 1 coupon at Sizzler rather than cashing in the lotto ticket.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-20-12 at 08:14 AM.
    09-20-12 07:54 AM
    To the OP, I think Samsung would be more worried about Nokia, as opposed to the other way around. Samsung is already at the top(where Nokia use to be), and the new Nokia line up with the 920 is getting outstanding reviews and many are excited for the launch. I think this unit will be a big ticket for MS and Nokia when it launches which will cause Samsung(and Apple) to be at least a little bit worried. Time will tell but I think Nokia and MS will move up fast in the smartphone market.
    09-20-12 11:07 AM
    To the OP, I think Samsung would be more worried about Nokia, as opposed to the other way around. Samsung is already at the top(where Nokia use to be), and the new Nokia line up with the 920 is getting outstanding reviews and many are excited for the launch. I think this unit will be a big ticket for MS and Nokia when it launches which will cause Samsung(and Apple) to be at least a little bit worried. Time will tell but I think Nokia and MS will move up fast in the smartphone market.
    Using that logic I guess Apple is terrified by RIM right now I think we all understand that's not currently the case.
    I can see MSWP gaining some market share simply due to product placement. Again I say the Nokia is simply going to end up a small fish in a big pond (of course they might start to manufacture phones on other OS's "good Idea" best get cracking)
    As for WP it has no Brand loyalty! Nobody has made a clear case as to why anyone would want the same OS on their phone as on their PC. People like choice and things to be different and fresh. The interoperability of a phone and a PC yes! people are demanding that but for them to be the same thing. Noway!
    It will be the company that best works together with everyone and all services that should come out on top in the future.
    09-20-12 09:04 PM
    Using that logic I guess Apple is terrified by RIM right now I think we all understand that's not currently the case.
    I can see MSWP gaining some market share simply due to product placement. Again I say the Nokia is simply going to end up a small fish in a big pond (of course they might start to manufacture phones on other OS's "good Idea" best get cracking)
    As for WP it has no Brand loyalty! Nobody has made a clear case as to why anyone would want the same OS on their phone as on their PC. People like choice and things to be different and fresh. The interoperability of a phone and a PC yes! people are demanding that but for them to be the same thing. Noway!
    It will be the company that best works together with everyone and all services that should come out on top in the future.
    You do realize that they aren't the same os. They just share various parts.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    09-21-12 02:43 PM
    You said it yourself, people like choice and things to be different and fresh. Android and iOS are not different and fresh. Nokia will be back, maybe not at the top, but they will be back and it will start off with good sales numbers of the 920. WP will push hard this time around as they have learned a lot from the past and I think it will surprise people.
    09-21-12 03:05 PM
    I think Samsung and Nokia should fight it out like bad- convicts using shivs on each for that all important 1% wp market share.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    09-21-12 04:34 PM
    You said it yourself, people like choice and things to be different and fresh. Android and iOS are not different and fresh. Nokia will be back, maybe not at the top, but they will be back and it will start off with good sales numbers of the 920. WP will push hard this time around as they have learned a lot from the past and I think it will surprise people.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy if Nokia finds their footing. Truth is I believe there are new lines of discussion emerging that will move away for RIM as the loser and start to highlight the issues with manufacturers like Nokia and others. If they prove to be a success as you believe, well then I'm wrong! Time will tell. As everyone is aware the next 6 months in mobile is big in the way of possible change. IMO it will lay down the patterns for some time to come.
    09-21-12 07:18 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD