Okay, so I am such a noob when it comes to having a phone with data as I never used to have one before. Anyways I have a BB Bold 9700 with data now (about time I caught up with "2010" technology hah)

Q1 - At first when I unlocked my phone with fido, I had "EDGE" on the top right corner and i read around and found out "GSM" was better? I went into my manage connections and got it to change to GSM. Should I keep it to GSM, or 2g/3g automatic (EDGE)? Which one's better.

Q2 - Should I keep my wiFi on even though I have enough gb for my data plan? Or keep it off

Q3 - Now about "roaming"...so what the **** should I do with it. Should I turn it off as I'm pretty sure I won't be traveling anywhere anytime soon.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, crackberry.com is really helpful
    also LOVIN the BB world ^_^
    08-31-10 08:30 PM
    A1: GSM is the technology used, EDGE is the generation of the Speed, basically EDGE is the Fido 2G network no need to change anything leave it Auto

A2: Turn off your Wifi unless you are in a place with low data connectivity but wifi available,

A3: don't worry about Roaming, forget it. if you don't travel you have no worries.
    08-31-10 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD