I've read other threads relating to water damaged keys, but they say some keys worked but NONE of the keys work on mine

It was submerged a good 10 minutes before I found it in the sink, I took out the battery and left it on the window sill and radiator for 5 days and it switched on fine amazingly just no key function at all. I've read about the stickers and my phone sticker is red and it's very pink on the battery, which isn't surprising since it had a good 10 mins totally submerged!

I phoned my provider who said it would be �70 for a new phone so obviously I want to know if it would be worth buying a second hand phone with a cracked screen for example and taking the keyboard from that. Not being the slightest bit technically minded, would this also be connected to the outer buttons (on the sides for the camera, radio and top for mute and pause etc)? As far as I can tell these aren't functioning either.

Or has it bitten the dust and I need to stump up my �70!!
    12-06-10 11:51 AM
    I gather it starts up and appears to run, that is a very good sign, the logic board has survived.

Good call on a picking up a junker for a new keyboard and perhaps future spare parts. You will also need the correct screw driver, get that from an electronics specialty store/site.
    12-06-10 01:20 PM
    I would just grab a new phone. If you feel comfortable tearing apart your phone to replace parts...do it. But if not, the 70 may be worth having working phone.

You'll need a T6 screwdriver.
    12-06-10 01:41 PM
    I'd say it depends on how integrated your BB is to your life. If you don't use it much and would rather go the spare-parts/DIY route, go for it. If your phone is very important to your day-to-day/business life, maybe consider investing the 70 pounds in a replacement phone for peace of mind, in case yours should suddenly give up on life.
    12-06-10 02:43 PM
    I would just grab a new phone. If you feel comfortable tearing apart your phone to replace parts...do it. But if not, the 70 may be worth having working phone.

You'll need a T6 screwdriver.
    He said 70 POUNDS, that's more like 150 dollars, you might be thinking in terms of dollars. HOWEVER, I do tend to agree with you.

EDIT: I'm wrong I just did the ACTUAL conversion currently it's about 110 US dollars.
    12-06-10 03:31 PM
    110 is a dang good price... Guess its fair market value... But I remember when they came out seeing them on ebay for 3 bills.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD