Is it possible to contact BB in the UK and US directly?

Let�s assume, that a new customer was impressed by the BB commercials, but what are the next steps?

1. PreSales questions

There are no BB presales support lines here in Germany.
    You should call the carrier directly (and this is really no fun!)

2. Business PreSales questions (I want to buy ten devices and a BES)

There are no BB Business presales support lines here in Germany.
    You should contact a partner like IBM or the carriers direktly. I tried to talk with T-Mobile, but they were really incompetent.

3. Support question (I bought a Z10 and have a question)

There is no support line or e-mail here in Germany, only a twitter account.

4. I want to call BB directly

No chance, there are only telephone numbers for UK, US and CAN.

5. BlackBerry Enterprise Forum Germany

Most presentations were in English and there were a lot of people with very bad English skills.

All in all you can�t contact BlackBerry directly.

So let me ask two questions:

1. Is it the same in other countries like the US or UK?
    2. Why do they spend millions for TV commercials, if you can�t contact a sales person???

The advertising is poor, but presales is not existing. There is no guidance for new customers!
    06-29-13 07:39 AM
    You can always ask on crackberry.com forums
    06-29-13 07:50 AM
    Of course, CrackBerry ist the best site ever!

But new or potential customers usually don�t know anything about CrackBerry and some of them have no English skills.

It is really disappointing if you have a PreSales question and no contact person!

I own a lot of shares and after the desaster yesterday I asked myself how they want to get new customers if it is not possible to get in contact with BB? Forget the carriers, here is no really support in stores or at phone.
    06-29-13 08:22 AM
    Blackberry has it's Official Support Forums also.

General Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    06-29-13 08:25 AM
    Well, the way I see it, even in a high support country like Canada, is that the sales people know very little about BlackBerry in general, and not much more about bb10.

BlackBerry needs to recognize this!
    Oh, and get the dang display demos off if 'demo' mode!
    Many stores I have visited do not even have a real bb10 device to try out!!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:59 PM
    ... Just wanted to follow that with saying that If you are a corporate and especially an enterprise customer, it is a totally different sales experience, but BlackBerry really needs to determine whether or not they really want to pursue the general public, with the bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:01 AM
    The last time we had visit from BB was before PlayBook release, No BB local rep ever contacted my company in last 2 years. I have been pushing BES10 at work while we are trying another vendor but BB must also come up with incentives, follow up calls, presentaton, etc. to sell something.
    07-05-13 12:57 AM
    ... Just wanted to follow that with saying that If you are a corporate and especially an enterprise customer, it is a totally different sales experience, but BlackBerry really needs to determine whether or not they really want to pursue the general public, with the bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Where starts Enterprise?

For example: We are a ten user company with iPhones, but I like the new BB devices and the infrastructure.
    First of all I tried to get devices on launch day. I called T-Mobile and I went to the stores but no one was able to give me an answer when they are available. Most of them had never heard about the Z10, they tried to sell the brand new BB7. In the end I bought it via Amazon.

Next Problem: I tried to get Informations about the BES and the costs for using the NOC and they offerd me BIS! I called a BB Partner, but they told me, that it is better to wait, because there are some issues with the devices and the BES. Another Partner tried to sell me a MDM solution from another Company.

I tried to get any official Information, but it was not possible to talk with a BB sales Person.

Result: We continue to use iPhones and I use the Z10 privately.

Another friendly company had a test run with BES 10 and one Z10 (currently they have 12 BB7 devices with BES express). They had connection problems and it was also not possible for them to get in contact with BB. Upgrade Project buried.

Finally there are thousands of small IT companys and they don�t want to sell BB10, because they also get no PreSales information and they are not willing to sign an expensive Support contract. In Germany we only have a few BB Partners (I count 18 on the website) that is not enough for big business.

What they need is simple: A BB telephone number and some sales persons who guide interested customers.
    sr2w likes this.
    07-05-13 02:30 AM
    In the UK, you ask all questions to the guys in the shops (the carriers like Vodafone, O2 etc)... or Google.

The only smart phone provider who beats all others in this area is Apple - they have several stores people can pop in to to ask questions etc - obviously this is ideal for the average consumer.

I don't think anyone other than Apple have it this way... at least in the UK.

Obviously, in an ideal world, the people in the shops wouldn't be biased and would actually have a clue about the stuff they are selling and their opinions, advice and help would be enough but sadly that is not the case.
    The sales people in the shops don't give two s**** about what they're selling as long as they're selling something (and making $$$ commission in the process). Sadly that's the way the world works now... $$$ over customer requirements any day.
    07-05-13 08:46 AM
    Where starts Enterprise?

For example: We are a ten user company with iPhones, but I like the new BB devices and the infrastructure.
    First of all I tried to get devices on launch day. I called T-Mobile and I went to the stores but no one was able to give me an answer when they are available. Most of them had never heard about the Z10, they tried to sell the brand new BB7. In the end I bought it via Amazon.

Next Problem: I tried to get Informations about the BES and the costs for using the NOC and they offerd me BIS! I called a BB Partner, but they told me, that it is better to wait, because there are some issues with the devices and the BES. Another Partner tried to sell me a MDM solution from another Company.

I tried to get any official Information, but it was not possible to talk with a BB sales Person.

Result: We continue to use iPhones and I use the Z10 privately.

Another friendly company had a test run with BES 10 and one Z10 (currently they have 12 BB7 devices with BES express). They had connection problems and it was also not possible for them to get in contact with BB. Upgrade Project buried.

Finally there are thousands of small IT companys and they don�t want to sell BB10, because they also get no PreSales information and they are not willing to sign an expensive Support contract. In Germany we only have a few BB Partners (I count 18 on the website) that is not enough for big business.

What they need is simple: A BB telephone number and some sales persons who guide interested customers.

++++++++++++++

1stTry,

All of what you have experienced sounds confusing; I am sorry you have been through the ringer on your attempts.
    You are considered an enterprise client when signing up for the BES solution, be it 7 or 10. Have you contacted BlackBerry with your concerns? I would really be interested to see a return email from them, for all of us to view, as I understand that BlackBerry is very serious about handling the enterprise customers.

Keep us in the loop!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-11-13 09:07 PM
    ++++++++++++++

1stTry,

All of what you have experienced sounds confusing; I am sorry you have been through the ringer on your attempts.
    You are considered an enterprise client when signing up for the BES solution, be it 7 or 10. Have you contacted BlackBerry with your concerns? I would really be interested to see a return email from them, for all of us to view, as I understand that BlackBerry is very serious about handling the enterprise customers.

Keep us in the loop!
    07-19-13 08:00 AM
    I suggested a service like "Apple Care" - free for 90 days but was shot down by CB's . Would you pay a small fee for this service? It might even pay for itself. I am sure that Apple doesn't lose money on it.
    07-19-13 08:05 AM
    Apple wins in customer support. Apple store has real person trained to explain to new users. BlackBerry 10 is more complex to use. New users can be frustrated to get familiar with all the features. A BlackBerry hot line is absolutely needed. Not just thro carriers or email. I know some friends return bb10 because that.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-19-13 08:06 AM
    Moved to general discussion from Stock Talk
    07-19-13 08:09 AM