I finally got my freedom 2000 puck working....yay but now I have run into the sound issue with Nav4all and AmazeGPS. I have done some searches and keep seeing that there is an issue but can't find if anyone has a fix for it. It makes the turn by turn directions pretty much useless on either of the programs. If anyone has any ideas let us know. I have a 8330 on verizon with OS 4.5.0.77
    11-01-08 10:21 AM
    No one has any information on a fix for this?
    11-04-08 11:03 AM
    I'm having the same issue. am using the same phone, OS and GPS. Have emailed tech support at Nav4All. May be a setting or memory issue. If and when i hear from them, I'll post.
    11-05-08 06:36 AM
    Thanks...seems to be a problem with both Nav4All and AmazeGPS so it must be a blackberry issue. I noticed that the length of the message it gives varies. Sometimes it's part of a word, sometimes a couple words. It's frustrating and everyone just seems to accept it. Thanks for looking into the problem.
    11-10-08 09:20 AM
    It's been a week now and haven't heard a word.

Anyone at Nav4All out there? Does the sound issue originate on the BB or is it something unresolved in the software?

Used the software yesterday while traveling and it work well with a few issues like wanting me to exit when un-nescessary. This could have been a user imput error as I'm still getting use to using Nav4all. The one very nice thing is that it stays connected with dropping out. Very nice.

Come on Nav4All...what's the deal with sound? Thanks in advance for a nice piece of free software!
    11-12-08 07:30 AM
    It's a problem with the phone handling sound files, don't remember exactly what the resolution is. AmazeGPS has a specific sound pack for people with "sound issues" that is supposed to solve the problem. I don't think anybody else has been nice enough to provide a solution like AmazeGPS.
    11-12-08 07:34 AM
    Wake,
    Using the Garmin trial for BB and the software talks to me without any problem so I know the phone will accept proper voice nav instructions.

Still nothing from Nav4All???????????? Anybody home?
    11-18-08 07:26 AM
    Interesting. My Garmin trial has expired and I could never get it to sync with my puck. I'm not interested in paying for GPS capability though so I won't look any further into it. Hopefully this issue can be fixed sometime in the near future.
    11-20-08 10:00 AM
    running 8330 vz curve 4.5.0.77
    freedom keychain gps.

amaze works great... i just cancel the sound, as i had the same sound issues with amaze and nav4all. only the first few syllables come out.
    11-21-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD