I, too, had a 9800, but I found it was a very compromised phone; heavy, and the keyboard was too small to be useful (it felt like heaven when I upgraded to a 9900).
    The Torch series predate the phablet trend: the keyboard was unfortunate, and I was grumbling about the size of it (coming from a 9000) the second I laid my hands on it... but I still preferred the benefits of the slider form factor over the sublime 9900 keyboard in the end.

A phablet-sized no-compromises slider (well, it wouldn't be thin and light) with a no-compromises keyboard would be a great option in the BB10 device portfolio.

...and to some degree I believe the reason why other manufacturers don't make keyboard sliders is because BlackBerry holds patents that render competitive products second-rate. The Dell Venue Pro running Windows Phone 7.8 is not a bad device, hardware wise, but without the trackpad and call buttons, a portrait slider would still be compromised.

You know nothing about my channel, yet you think it's proper to insult it and the fine people who choose to be a part of it. Grow up.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    To subscribers of BP's channel, I apologize, sincerely and publicly and from now on will direct my criticism of BP solely to the content of his posts. Check his post history for more information. I did, it was enlightening.

(now, BP, if you'll stop with the misdirection of accusing me of insulting your channel's subscribers, we can call a truce. Off-topic bickering is so unseemly, when my original comment was in response to your cynical ON TOPIC post which I disgreed with. YOU made it personal. Keep it out of the public forums. PM me and we can duke it out, if you feel that passionate about it.)
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 05-22-14 at 03:04 PM.
    05-22-14 02:30 PM
    The Torch series predate the phablet trend: the keyboard was unfortunate, and I was grumbling about the size of it (coming from a 9000) the second I laid my hands on it... but I still preferred the benefits of the slider form factor over the sublime 9900 keyboard in the end.

A phablet-sized no-compromises slider (well, it wouldn't be thin and light) with a no-compromises keyboard would be a great option in the BB10 device portfolio.

...and to some degree I believe the reason why other manufacturers don't make keyboard sliders is because BlackBerry holds patents that render competitive products second-rate. The Dell Venue Pro running Windows Phone 7.8 is not a bad device, hardware wise, but without the trackpad and call buttons, a portrait slider would still be compromised.

To subscribers of BP's channel, I apologize, sincerely and publicly and from now on will direct my criticism of BP solely to the content of his posts. Check his post history for more information. I did, it was enlightening.

(now, BP, if you'll stop with the misdirection of accusing me of insulting your channel's subscribers, we can call a truce. Off-topic bickering is so unseemly, when my original comment was in response to your cynical ON TOPIC post which I disgreed with. YOU made it personal. Keep it out of the public forums. PM me and we can duke it out, if you feel that passionate about it.)
    What you need to do is stop making personal attacks.

Your apology seems insincere. You say you're sorry, but go on to blame him and say it is his fault and that he started it. So you aren't really sorry.

Stick to BlackBerry. No reason you can't be passionate about your views, but that doesn't mean you need to resort to personal comments.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 05-22-14 at 09:47 PM.
    05-22-14 06:20 PM
    That's a sweet looking phone. I really hope the next Q device is not going to be a 1:1 ratio screen.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    vpblaze likes this.
    05-23-14 03:24 AM
78 ... 234