Ok, here's the deal ...

I have a Pearl 8100 that was hooked up to my company's BES. That has now become my personal BB, so I went through the instructions to remove the IT policy.

If I go into Options > Security > General Settings, there is no longer any reference to an IT policy. Great.

However, under "services" it states "***no services***."

What does that mean??

I have services. My personal e-mail is coming through just fine. If I go into Advanced > Services Books, there is a whole slew of service books listed, including BIS.

Anybody know why it would state "***no services***" when my personal e-mail is coming through just fine?
    09-03-08 02:06 PM
    That's normal. If you had an IT policy, it would say something else.
    09-03-08 02:17 PM
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I thought maybe it should say BIS there or something.

Anyway, thanks again. I can relax now.
    09-03-08 02:21 PM
    This thread got me thinking. That particular are showed no services with 4.3 and possibly even 4.5.0.56 I upgraded to 4.5.0.77 and it says WLM 2.1 [WLMNA01] (AES). I have BIS so I wouldn't expect to have an IT policy. Any ideas on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 03:27 AM
    This thread got me thinking. That particular are showed no services with 4.3 and possibly even 4.5.0.56 I upgraded to 4.5.0.77 and it says WLM 2.1 [WLMNA01] (AES). I have BIS so I wouldn't expect to have an IT policy. Any ideas on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I poked around on my BB and I also see a Service Book (WLM 2.1 [BBIM]), windows live messenger is v2.1.32, otherwise I have not located any info. Any ideas? Is this here because of windows live messenger? And if so any ideas why? Does it even matter. Nothing seems unusual, everything appears to work as it always has when is said no services.
    09-08-08 12:29 PM
    lol i've never seen anyone quote their self, that was funny
    09-08-08 01:04 PM
    I do that sometimes when referring to one of my own posts to make sure I don't get confusion if people reply. I was rather hoping someone knew something about this since I can't track anything down google searching. And prior to upgrading to 4.5.0.77 that was not there and it said no services. But nothing has changed on my BB since I was on 4.3 other than I removed BB messenger and added my boxtone insight beta. But I believe the WLM thing was there prior to installing that app.
    09-09-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD