Hi guys the other day I purchased my girlfriend her first bb the torch 9860 for at&t from at&t. They really didn't have a good selection of goodies for it just a few things so we decided to pop in a best buy mobile store (what a joke that was). They didn't have anything as in not a single item or the phone for that matter (which was no surprise) but what struck me was how the two guys working there didn't even know about the phone being on at&t's network. So being a former best buy and radio shack employee they get info on what's coming threw the pipline and also get training (or at least use to when I worked there 2008-2011). So which led to the talk about how bb was doing bad and that they were going under etc,etc. Now being a very loyal bb user I've learned threw the years of being bashed for using one to brush it off and go about my way. So asked why they felt like that I got this in return it's not that we don't care about bb any more it's just that they don't really focus on them as much as the other players so if something new comes out for a bb it's not really a priority to have it in stock, we'll get it in at some point but it's that they don't really care. One of the guys said something like well they don't make a lot of stuff for bb's anyway and I told your wrong they do go online and you'll be surprised. Now this thought came to mind ok we all know bb isn't doing well but you as a company deal with cell phones and it's not a priority to keep up with bb's in general or accessories for them? To me that makes no sense at all, and I'm not bashing best buy mobile at all because I decided to see if I had the same experience else where. Here are the placesI've went to radio shack, target's cell phone kiosk (which is owned by radio shack), wal mart's cell phone kiosk (which I have to say was really nice as far as the layout goes and they had live units on display and nice selection of accessories for all the phones they carried in fact they had the best selection out of the group of stores), and last best buy. The guy at the target kiosk was probably the worst saying bb's are garbage get a droid, which was funny because radio shack had knowledge on the phones but they too kind of push the droid a little more. It's like the stores sell the droid a little better than bb. It seemed like people are losing faith in bb to make a comeback with the exception of the guy from wal mart that's probably because he owns a bb himself his cutomer service was the best by the way giving break downs on the specs and what not he really knew his stuff. Even the guy at at&t said if he had to chose a smart phone it would be something else not a bb, now he didn't bash bb's at all he said I hope rim makes a comeback and comes out with exciting products that people will talk about and go out and buy. But just the genral feeling like these retailers just don't care any more. Which comes to this if the stores don't care and the associates don't care about the brand how is a company suppose to be successful? They are losing market share because customers are being pointed in a different (ie iphone). I think rim needs to get the retail stores excited about bb 10 and really work with them to become a successful brand again!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-02-12 09:35 AM
    Some wireless sales people are into tech and some aren't. To some, it's just a job and they sell what doesn't get returned as much or what makes the most commission.

I wouldn't read too much into it. When BLACKBERRY 10 is released and is hot, that's what they'll push.

The consumers that buy and love BlackBerry 10 will vreate the buzz.
    05-02-12 09:44 AM
    to long didnt read

enjoy your new phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 09:46 AM
    Some wireless sales people are into tech and some aren't. To some, it's just a job and they sell what doesn't get returned as much or what makes the most commission.

I wouldn't read too much into it. When BLACKBERRY 10 is released and is hot, that's what they'll push.

The consumers that buy and love BlackBerry 10 will vreate the buzz.

That is very true, I miss the days old days where people really listened to what you were looking for in a product and get you matched up with the perfect item. Now a days it's a bunch of bs you gotta your homework on the product.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810
    05-02-12 10:04 AM
    to long didnt read

enjoy your new phone

lol wow! at least your honest, hahaha.

im currently a windows phone user and get the same disrespect. the majority of people are , for lack of a better term, technologically illterate. and they have no clue what marketshare means, or what causes a company to go under, or most importantly, what makes a great phone. its certainly not numbers. which is all they see. wouldnt worry about it. just be proud to be one of the few loyal people left in this world
    05-02-12 10:08 AM
    If BB10 turns out to be what I am seeing early on this will be the best platform out there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 10:20 AM
    I actual believe whatever device brings in sales the most at any store,that's what they push, example the Sprint store where I am located loves to push Androids left and right on ppl...
    05-02-12 10:30 AM
    It has been well documented that Best Buy reps love to bash on RIM products while at the same they're unaware of their features.
    05-02-12 10:37 AM
    to long didnt read

enjoy your new phone

Lol�that was a challenging post, lots of energy spent.
    05-02-12 10:39 AM
    If I wanted a droid,I would have brought one,they see I have a bb so they don't push other phones on me.
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-02-12 10:40 AM
    Well with how RIM has been under-performing the past few years I can see why people are not up to the know with bb. I remember when bb was what everyone wanted and how that changed in a few years. It will take time and if bb10 really wows everyone when it is out to be bought those employees will learn about them.
    05-02-12 11:02 AM
    yeah very true the bold 9900 is bad and for $100 but best buy mobile doesn't have it in stock lol it's a special item order!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810
    05-02-12 07:36 PM
    to long didnt read

enjoy your new phone

HAHAHAHAHAHA....nice one!!!!
    05-02-12 08:01 PM
    tl;dr

10char/
    05-02-12 09:07 PM
    I also didnt read the entire post but after reading what i did read in the comments i dont like how almost everyone will link a single bad experience to an entire business. Not every bby or bby mobile is the same.......sad but very true. bby mobile unfortunately cant carry every case for every phone we carry especially when we have more than one carrier under one roof and as a bby mobile employee i take pride in be very impartial when it comes to suggesting different platforms to people.
    05-03-12 01:51 PM
    ....and the this saga, this BlackBerry soap opera, continues again. OP, you simply could have gone to the AT&T web site, and within minutes, got your Torch, and any and all the accessories you'd want in 3 clicks of the mouse or less. You would have spent 1/10th the effort buying it on the web then you spent writing your post, would have had the phone in less then 5 days, and you would have avoided all the unnecessary angst.

Oh, and the price would have been $99.00.
    05-03-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD