I m surprised with the negativity of people about this update. Even though there are certain bugs but I m sure BlackBerry will fix it soon. For me Only issue is rotation lock issue.. But over all it's negligible . Here r few of my observations :

BlackBerry Blend:- it's an awesome addition for ol (professional n consumers)

Flattened UI:- My phone looks so great n colorful. Also, there are so much of more customization we can do n show off the.. Guys if u dont like dis new UI still you may use the themes with has shelf n it will add up the previous black border around d app icon. N u could get the same old feel.

Password Keeper: it was already available in the BlackBerry World for some cash n now it is included by default.. This is app is a must have app for both consumer n professionals. So great addition.

Default Homescreen:- for me it is most lovable addition. Also it gives the developer to bring in more customizable apps n ofcourse it is available as an option.. So, there shouldn't be any issues with this.

Camera:- Ofcourse BlackBerry can't change it in terms of hardware but see d changes on software part.. I love the camera even more specially the panaroma, slow motion video n more important edit later option for time shift images.

Calendar : I understand few complaints a lot abt it but I feel it doesn't change anything. For me it just looks even better, cleaner n more.

Amazon app store : as long as I m concerned the app gap days are gone.. I shifted to BlackBerry from android n belive me I never felt that BlackBerry has lack of apps (again it's my personal opinion.)

HUB n Signature : I love the animation while scrolling in the hub n other apps.. it looks awesome n feel gud.

Advanced interaction : Don't forget all z10, q10, q5 n z3 owners dat how outdated hardware is n when it was released (omg 2 years back) n still u got the update that works like charm.. atleast 98% of the additional features so u should not be complaining if it is not working smoothly.. I m on z 10 n it works perfectly for me.. But again hope that it is just a matter of time where BlackBerry will roll out a new update that reads as "few bugs fixed " n ol functions start working smoothly.

Keypad : it has gone just better, smoother n awesome. I like the auto features which brings up white n black keypad based on the environment.

The only thing I miss now is the universal search as I don't like the new UI for search n the voice control. But again I don't care much abt it as I olready know what app n files i have placed on phone n where. But still hoping for a fix for this.

There are many more additional changes as well some bugs but I m sure it will fixed once the OS gets stable and also I hope that BlackBerry would have really those bugs n will fix it soon..

Hope to see "Few bugs fixed in this update " roll out soon.

Overall, Thanks BlackBerry for this great OS.. I can't think of going back to any other OS unless or until u stop functioning n I used this OS for another 2-3 years without any further updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:08 AM
    I fully agree OP, I think it's because people expected it to be "SO SO AMAZING" that when the product was delivered it wasn't up to their imaginary expectation.

I to, got a little annoyed when I was told after a long time waiting that "I did not have enough space" when clearly I did. So that was the one big gripe I had. Other than that, I feel the calendar could have some work done to it.

10.3.1 for me, other than those 2 things, is really really nice. I have stated other places about where ever I go in the OS I smile. It looks so nice and polished.

Most importantly it now has the Amazon App store, so I downloaded my first app today and it's working wonderfully. Because of my update, I was showing people what BlackBerry could do and I got 3 of my friends to purchase on and give it a chance. (they all got a Z30)

There will always be bugs in an OS but if we compare to Android. We are mile and miles ahead of them. There lolli-pop update was a disaster!

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    02-22-15 08:17 AM
    I fully agree OP, I think it's because people expected it to be "SO SO AMAZING" that when the product was delivered it wasn't up to their imaginary expectation.

I to, got a little annoyed when I was told after a long time waiting that "I did not have enough space" when clearly I did. So that was the one big gripe I had. Other than that, I feel the calendar could have some work done to it.

10.3.1 for me, other than those 2 things, is really really nice. I have stated other places about where ever I go in the OS I smile. It looks so nice and polished.

Most importantly it now has the Amazon App store, so I downloaded my first app today and it's working wonderfully. Because of my update, I was showing people what BlackBerry could do and I got 3 of my friends to purchase on and give it a chance. (they all got a Z30)

There will always be bugs in an OS but if we compare to Android. We are mile and miles ahead of them. There lolli-pop update was a disaster!

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    I totally agree with you.. my brother and one ma friends also bought z10, n z3 recently after seeing ma z10.. they r very happy with it n with the new updates..

I also have installed lollipop on an older android phone (xperia Sola) and now I regret that why I updated to lollipop.. So, just imagine the old android phones with the latest update n now ol dey have to do is buy a new Android phone with higher specs to get the most out of the lollipop..

So m very happy with the over all changes..

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:25 AM