DO NOT bombard us with sixteen new devices all running different versions of the new BB 10 OS! Instead realize you already have two markey devices (Z10, Q10) when it comes to style and design- the modern sleek all touch screen or the best of both worlds combining touch with the legendary BB keyboard we've all grown to love.
    More so keep your OS on the cutting edge. Consumers will be willing to communicate through their shoe if possible as long as their OS is SECONED TO NONE!!!
    The main question is this: Eight months from now can BlackBerry deliver an even better OS? BB 10 was released January 30th and is already getting old. We don't need or want 14 other devices as long as the 2 we have are simply the best. Since the iPhone compare how many BlackBerry phones have come and gone...
    I own a 9900 and my wife has the Torch 9810 and neither of these devices can compare with the average comers market Android device, and they come nowhere near an iPhone. It would be absolutely INSANE to take the same failing direction as in time past, with BlackBerry 10 you have a great "new first step" in the right direction. This OS needs apps and fast, but not just any apps- the absolute best apps!
    CDM76 and BossLadyWithaBB like this.
    03-02-13 05:54 PM
    Wait...how is BB10 already getting old? It was just born. It's still an infant.

And expect lower-end devices not meant for North American consumption to be released.
    ajst222, CDM76, Flexin and 6 others like this.
    03-02-13 06:03 PM
    There needs to be more devices...do you want BlackBerry to keep up with the competition? Just remember the Aristo (quad core phone coming this year). I also don't understand how BB10 is already getting old. You're contradicting yourself throughout the post too...
    03-02-13 06:06 PM
    DO NOT bombard us with sixteen new devices all running different versions of the new BB 10 OS! Instead realize you already have two markey devices (Z10, Q10) when it comes to style and design- the modern sleek all touch screen or the best of both worlds combining touch with the legendary BB keyboard we've all grown to love.
    More so keep your OS on the cutting edge. Consumers will be willing to communicate through their shoe if possible as long as their OS is SECONED TO NONE!!!
    The main question is this: Eight months from now can BlackBerry deliver an even better OS? BB 10 was released January 30th and is already getting old. We don't need or want 14 other devices as long as the 2 we have are simply the best. Since the iPhone compare how many BlackBerry phones have come and gone...
    I own a 9900 and my wife has the Torch 9810 and neither of these devices can compare with the average comers market Android device, and they come nowhere near an iPhone. It would be absolutely INSANE to take the same failing direction as in time past, with BlackBerry 10 you have a great "new first step" in the right direction. This OS needs apps and fast, but not just any apps- the absolute best apps!
    OLD? It still has that new car smell.

The 9900 and the 9810 are using software that is what? About 10 years old I think. There is a reason they started working on a new OS. The old one reached its limit. The only thing with the old direction was not making needed changes in time.

Apps are controlled by other companies. BlackBerry has been working with people to get more apps into BlackBerry World.

Rather then bark orders at BlackBerry, why don't you replace the 9900 and 9810 with a new Z10 or Q10 (when released) and increase the customer base for app devs.

James
    03-02-13 06:14 PM
    I was speaking in terms of technology speed, there are already owners of the Z10 searching for updates to their OS and the phone hasn't even been released here in the US yet! And on the same note your right, which is my point exactly: BB10 being so new why launch a number of new devices when the two devices running the new OS need major upgrade already?!
    03-02-13 06:18 PM
    I was speaking in terms of technology speed, there are already owners of the Z10 searching for updates to their OS and the phone hasn't even been released here in the US yet! And on the same note your right, which is my point exactly: BB10 being so new why launch a number of new devices when the two devices running the new OS need major upgrade already?!
    Are you new to technology?

Every OS requires bug fixes, especially when BRAND NEW.

Apple is gearing up to release their 3rd iteration of iOS 6.1 (iOS 6.1.3).

Doesn't mean it's old. It's technology, will never be flawless.
    03-02-13 06:22 PM
    People aren't searching for updates because the phones feel outdated, people are searching for updates because, as a young OS, it has some bugs to be worked out. The latest update has helped tremendously, but it's not there quite yet. The OS does not need "a major upgrade", the rough edges just need to be smoothed out.
    dirtyberry75 likes this.
    03-02-13 06:23 PM
    I agree! Why come out with 40 new devices in one year? Two will already be out this year, why not keep fixing the bugs on those two, then come out with a new body next year? And we wonder why Iphone and Ipad are flying so free, a few bodies just new brains... let the "new baby/infant grow"
    dirtyberry75 likes this.
    03-02-13 06:27 PM
    I wouldn't call the latest update particularly major...but when a new product is launched, there will almost ALWAYS be a software update shortly after. There are ALWAYS bugs especially on brand new software. There are updates all the time. That is how technology works...to try to keep your product as efficient and reliable as possible
    03-02-13 06:31 PM
    My wife and I plan on getting a Z10 and Q10 upon their release here in the states, we're already on the pre-order mailing list. Have you ever had the latest BlackBerry that you paid your hard eared money for, and while your waiting for upgrades to popular apps Blackberry come out with a new device that already have the upgrade your waiting on!? Now do you go buy this new device $$$ for that particular app up grade or patiently wait? And while you wait another device surfaces and now finally your upgrade....
    03-02-13 06:36 PM
    I expect to hear about an Aristo (if it is real), and maybe licensing partners for lower end devices at BB Live.
    03-02-13 06:38 PM
    I expect to hear about an Aristo (if it is real), and maybe licensing partners for lower end devices at BB Live.
    I have same expectations as you for Live, minus the Aristo.

I can see a October announcement (if any in 2013) for the Aristo with release happening in November, in time for Holiday 2013.
    03-02-13 06:43 PM
    My wife and I plan on getting a Z10 and Q10 upon their release here in the states, we're already on the pre-order mailing list. Have you ever had the latest BlackBerry that you paid your hard eared money for, and while your waiting for upgrades to popular apps Blackberry come out with a new device that already have the upgrade your waiting on!? Now do you go buy this new device $$$ for that particular app up grade or patiently wait? And while you wait another device surfaces and now finally your upgrade....
    AVPTI was right, you really must be new to technology. Yes, phones tend to be released faster than most people can afford to keep up with. Matter of the fact is, BlackBerry needs to make money. Welcome to the real world.
    03-02-13 06:43 PM
    yeah but check iphone, how many style phones have they come out with since 2007?
    How many software upgrades have they come out with since 2008?
    And theyre doing damn good
    03-02-13 06:46 PM
    yeah but check iphone, how many style phones have they come out with since 2007?
    How many software upgrades have they come out with since 2008?
    And theyre doing damn good
    You know who's doing even better? Samsung. Feel free to go count how many phones they have yourself, but I can tell you for sure it's a heck of a lot. Different strategies work for different companies. BlackBerry appears to be using the Samsung strategy, and it's not necessarily the wrong way of going about it, it's just different.
    brout likes this.
    03-02-13 06:48 PM
    EXACTLY!!! Spend the remainder of this year upgrading the profounding start you have! End the year and/or start the next with a new device. BlackBerry has just gotten back into the game don't lose those the handful of fans by littering us devices just yet, instead give us what we really want -MORE SPEED AND THE BEST APPS!
    03-02-13 06:48 PM
    You know who's doing even better? Samsung. Feel free to go count how many phones they have yourself, but I can tell you for sure it's a heck of a lot. Different strategies work for different companies. BlackBerry appears to be using the Samsung strategy, and it's not necessarily the wrong way of going about it, it's just different.
    and how many of those hundreds of no name just model number phones do people actually buy?
    03-02-13 06:52 PM
    Actually that's all I'm saying. let's say a popular app like "Instagram" and "Googole Maps" don't hit BB10 until five months from now, but in the meantime ten new OS10 devices have already dropped!
    03-02-13 06:55 PM
    because we all know BB apps suck.....
    03-02-13 06:55 PM
    and how many of those hundreds of no name just model number phones do people actually buy?
    Uh...

Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S3 Mini
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Rugby Pro
    Galaxy Express
    Galaxy Note 8.0
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    ATIV S

Would you like me to name more? They're not just differing model numbers, they're different phones. And I believe Samsung is currently the number one smartphone vendor in the world, so they must be doing something right.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-02-13 06:56 PM
    Uh...

Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S3 Mini
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Rugby Pro
    Galaxy Express
    Galaxy Note 8.0
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    ATIV S

Would you like me to name more? They're not just differing model numbers, they're different phones. And I believe Samsung is currently the number one smartphone vendor in the world, so they must be doing something right.
    and samsung has been at it siiiiiinnnce?
    BB is not nearly there yet! BB need to stick to what they know will work right now so that they will GET to where Samsung is.
    03-02-13 07:00 PM
    Actually that's all I'm saying. let's say a popular app like "Instagram" and "Googole Maps" don't hit BB10 until five months from now, but in the meantime ten new OS10 devices have already dropped!
    Who said 10 new devices dropping in 5 months? You got some insider knowledge?

Thorsten has said many times, that a target of 6 devices are launching. That could mean phones or tablets.
    03-02-13 07:00 PM
    Seeing as you get a 3 year contract in both Canada and America, I think both the Z10 and Q10 are planned to last that long.
    I did read that a new PlayBook is coming this year, with similar specs to last year's Google Nexus 7 tablet, possibly with a Qualcomm Series 600 SoC.
    BlackBerry have never played the specs game and it's doubtful they'll start now.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 07:06 PM
    You obviously don't realize that there are different tier levels in the consumer market. To some,the Z10 and Q10 may be too expensive. So the devices being released later will most likely target the lower pricing range consumers. If BB were to only limit themselves to the high end market, they will lose out on a large group of lower end priced consumers, much like Apple and where Samsung is picking up. There are now rumours that Apple will soon make lower end phones as well to target this group of consumers, which shows just how important this base of users are.

You also fail to realize that, despite its smaller size relative to some other companies, BB is still large enough to maintain and advance its BB10 OS while still producing a range of other devices.

There are also articles that report strong sales of the Z10 despite the lower number of apps available compared to other systems, which suggest that apps alone are not quite a strong deciding factor as many believed.
    03-02-13 07:13 PM
    and samsung has been at it siiiiiinnnce?
    BB is not nearly there yet! BB need to stick to what they know will work right now so that they will GET to where Samsung is.
    That's implying that Samsung took it slow off the bat. But they didn't. There were three different Galaxy devices launched during the series' first year (four if you count the Galaxy 3's launch in the 13th month). And they went absolutely nuts the second year, with 15 device launches. Six is pretty tame and perfectly reasonable, especially if you take into account the possibility of a tablet or two - tablets were nowhere near as popular when Samsung was starting the Galaxy lineup. The phablet market didn't exist back then either, we could be looking at one of those coming as well.
    03-02-13 07:13 PM
66 123