No more "News for..." apps!-img_20140811_120530.png

There needs to be some quality control or something cause these apps just keep showing up! They're ruining to quality of the store and they need to stop!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 11:07 AM
    Well some people might like them, what if they wanted the ones you like removed,
    08-11-14 11:10 AM
    Well some people might like them, what if they wanted the ones you like removed,
    No one likes them lol.
    08-11-14 11:11 AM
    I noticed the huge proliferation lately too. I wondered if these were renames of the "App for" apps which BB World recently disallowed as a type of app name.
    08-11-14 11:13 AM
    No one likes them lol.
    Oh ya pick on the little guy,
    08-11-14 11:13 AM
    App for
    Help for
    Info for
    News for
    Program for

I had big hopes for BlackBerry cleaning house.... but they still have a long way to go. Maybe ban all apps with "FOR" in the title? Of course the spammers would still be one step ahead. Best thing would be to have a team of real people doing the testing and approval for each app, and included a SPAM report button in App World.
    tryfe and alternator77 like this.
    08-11-14 11:19 AM
    Oh ya pick on the little guy,
    <3
    anon6040766 and anon721037 like this.
    08-11-14 11:47 AM
    I noticed the huge proliferation lately too. I wondered if these were renames of the "App for" apps which BB World recently disallowed as a type of app name.
    Of course they are. That was the thing. Rename them or lose them. Some renamed them, some lost them. It'd be good to see some numbers on how many renamed vs. how many got deleted. Although it may not seem like it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the amount deleted would be higher than the ones renamed because.. lazy.
    08-11-14 12:59 PM
    Just purchased News for Bee talk

Powered by BlackBerry!
    08-11-14 01:11 PM
    Of course they are. That was the thing. Rename them or lose them. Some renamed them, some lost them. It'd be good to see some numbers on how many renamed vs. how many got deleted. Although it may not seem like it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the amount deleted would be higher than the ones renamed because.. lazy.
    It's like anything else.... userbase.

If one of these "spam" app developers has not seen any (or enough) revenues, he most like didn't bother when BlackBerry sent out the notifications. If he has been successful and "fooled" a few people into buying his "app for _____" then when he got the notification he took five minutes and tweaked the name.

In a way I wish BlackBerry required at least one "update" a year for apps to remain in App World. But then again, I'm not sure that wouldn't cause more developers to abandoned the platform. A number of apps that I use, haven't been updated in over a year... not sure if they got a ultimatum, what they would do.
    08-11-14 01:45 PM
    It's like anything else.... userbase.

If one of these "spam" app developers has not seen any (or enough) revenues, he most like didn't bother when BlackBerry sent out the notifications. If he has been successful and "fooled" a few people into buying his "app for _____" then when he got the notification he took five minutes and tweaked the name.

In a way I wish BlackBerry required at least one "update" a year for apps to remain in App World. But then again, I'm not sure that wouldn't cause more developers to abandoned the platform. A number of apps that I use, haven't been updated in over a year... not sure if they got a ultimatum, what they would do.
    They should have "app moderators" that go through the app store and delete apps like this. They've declined apps from entering the app store that actually work and serve a purpose but they let these ones through... i don't get it..

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 01:49 PM
    It's sad when I do my daily routine going to BlackBerry World to check new arrivals and I see endless nonsense of such apps and loads of crappy ports of crappy Android apps

Join my photography channel
    08-11-14 02:12 PM
    I think we need an app to give us news for news for apps

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 03:18 PM
    App for
    Help for
    Info for
    News for
    Program for
    Search for
    08-11-14 03:25 PM
    I feels for the people these slime ball developers take advantage of. Luckily I'm not one of them.
    08-11-14 03:27 PM
    Not saying BlackBerry World is alone in allowing what I consider "spam" apps.

But if they didn't get a few "suckers", they wouldn't be there. And when BlackBerry world is missing the REAL Apps, it makes it even harder. Ultimately, it's BlackBerry's App Store... what goes on there reflects on them. If they want to be known as a professional device and platform.... they need to clean things up and stop worrying about the number of apps.
    08-11-14 03:55 PM
    It's sad when I do my daily routine going to BlackBerry World to check new arrivals and I see endless nonsense of such apps and loads of crappy ports of crappy Android apps
    You'd probably be much sadder to see how few new arrivals there are once you subtract those two offenders.
    08-11-14 04:18 PM
    You'd probably be much sadder to see how few new arrivals there are once you subtract those two offenders.
    Give me 1 built for BlackBerry app and other 10 apps between Android ports and native apps but useful ones and I'm not sad at all

Join my photography channel
    08-12-14 11:59 AM
    Search for

On Windows it used to be "Crack for", LOL, at least in the old days. Better buy your softs without the trojans...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-12-14 06:42 PM