Sure for those brave enough to install them. Which is quite simple for "us". And quite scary and complex to someone who knows zero about technology. None of my friends root/jailbreak or install leaked OS's. This is not a wide distribution method BlackBerry could count on for its OS.
    I know that. It doesn't stop the ones who do though.
    09-25-13 09:17 AM
    With all the info that's coming out, they should give the carriers the middle finger and just update all BlackBerry 10 phones. They already screwed them out of sells, so hey just update the folks with that internal good good.

Posted via CB10
    Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe they can't do that? As in maybe they simply don't have the ability to push OTA updates to their BB10 phones at the moment.

I don't know if they can do it or not, but I have had a lot of BlackBerry 10 phones that came directly from BlackBerry and not a single one of them has gotten an OTA update from BlackBerry. Not once. That tells me that maybe it isn't just the carriers interfering with the update process. Why would carriers have anything to do with phones like the Dev Alpha A, B, C and LEZ10 getting updates? Ya know phones that aren't offered on any carrier.
    09-25-13 09:18 AM
    Directly sell unlocked phones. Include a simple instruction sheet on how to setup pay-as-you-go accounts on all carriers. Totally bypass carrier support. Push updates directly. Carriers don't care to sell BB phones anyway. Carriers don't care what phone you have as long as you buy service from them.

I've been using my two Z10s off contract since I got them. I'd be hard pressed to enter into a carrier contract again. I still have to get my OTA updates using a carrier SIM. I have SIMs for four different carriers so I use the SIM from the carrier with the most current OS.
    See my comment above.
    09-25-13 09:20 AM
    Well, looks like the first steps out of consumer-land is happening. TMobile not stocking Blackberry's anymore.
    09-25-13 10:46 PM
    Sure they can and they should have done that a long time ago.
    for real!!
    09-25-13 10:54 PM
    you can call BB, i think its $50 or so for the first hour though
    Really, you think that coupled with all the complaints here alone BlackBerry would make billions on that rate alone

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:58 PM
    Well, looks like the first steps out of consumer-land is happening. TMobile not stocking Blackberry's anymore.
    That is T-Mobile getting out of BlackBerry land, not BlackBerry getting out consumer land.

You can't force anyone to sell your product, but that doesn't mean you don't want it sold.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 11:00 PM
    I use to check daily for carrier updates...it was part of my morning routine....now I just check crackberry for OS leaks.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-25-13 11:15 PM
    They can but yet they cant. If they do then they might not have that carriers support. If something in the OS causes problems then the carriers get the support calls, not bb

I'd hardly call what they have now carrier support. Frankly at this stage they've got nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:45 AM
    Si!!! Roll out that 10.2 MR, we already know that's ready. They should be working on 10.3 and making the GUI look all glossy and have the os running like it was 8 cores but it's really on 4. They dont have S H I T to lose.

Posted via CB10
    They already are. Garry Klassen & TAT are involved in it from what I understand. However we will not see it till about this time next year

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:48 AM
    I'd hardly call what they have now carrier support. Frankly at this stage they've got nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Screw the US carriers release the updates around the world at the same time.

BTW a trick to get around this problem is to remove your SIM then while connected to wifi, check for updates. With no Carrier info the phone looks for the latest. I tested this & it seemed to work.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:54 AM
36 12