Any suggestions?

I'm a good example, I'm really pissed (about myself of installing it and no reports about it) that after OTA 4.4 my Nexus 4 is incable of flash. Google did remove somthing I believe as the official support from Adobe has ended. On 4.3 it was still compatible.

I already cancelt my Nexus 5 because of it and now facing a wipe and role back tuo 4.3.

For me no flash is a bigger deal as I have no hulu or nexflix in my country to get good vidz/and the existing services are very limited. My sources mostly uses flash-video. There are so many websites still need flash or with luck redirect you to reduced mobile sites, it just sucks.

It is really ironical that the main reason I was disapointed and went to android was flash support xD
    (last device 9900)
    11-25-13 06:24 AM
    Flash is slowly dying, jobs was right

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 06:31 AM
    Flash is slowly dying because Jobs said so, that was the death knell for it. He wasn't some visionary who foretold it, he made it happen. Apple didn't want it - they can't control it so they say it's dead and everyone then thinks "well if Steve Jobs says it, it must be true.". They will try and do the same with NFC and say it is irrelevant.
    11-25-13 06:41 AM
    @suprmanx7
    nope it is still there and Jobs said something of fast...

@ jrohland

I really do consider that.
    11-25-13 07:47 AM
    Aren't a lot of pop up ads google uses flash enabled...?

Oh well sounds like all that hate on android central could be related to an illegal download of kitkat by Android users :-p

Posted from a phone....
    Kamika007z likes this.
    11-25-13 08:04 AM
    Come to BB10, flash works great. With 10.2.1.1055 you can run many Android apps. There are not many phones which can beat the Z30 as a personal video theater. The screen is rich with color and has a very good contrast ratio. The audio is only rivaled by the HTC One. Now with Down Tube for YouTube & Vimeo you can locally cache content so real time Internet performance is no longer an issue.
    Fastube just pushed an update......you can cache with the Fastube app also.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    11-25-13 08:08 AM
    Flash is slowly dying, jobs was right

Posted via CB10
    Just got a flash update for desktop, 11.9 or 12? It certainly is not dying there. Yes, mobile flash is stuck at 11.1 and it will soon become incompatible. I've already ran into sites that need 11.5 minimum. Jobs is only responsible for the rift between mobile and desktop. He is no fortune teller. If you really need flash on a mobile device, get a Windows 8.1Pro tablet.
    11-25-13 08:26 AM
    Android stop supporting flash since 4.1 release in 2012. This is nothing new.
    11-25-13 08:28 AM
    Android stop supporting flash since 4.1 release in 2012. This is nothing new.
    It was still pretty functional in 4.1 but since 4.2 on, the flash android experience has degraded. Only thing that really works now is Puffin browser and they run flash off a server somehow.
    11-25-13 08:32 AM
    BlackBerry should buy flash from Adobe and continue to develop it as its still much needed in mobile devices

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:09 AM
    4.3 was working fine on my Nexus 4.

And of course I was aware of end of support... but all news about 4.4 it was not mentioned once, that it really does not work anymore! I would have skipped the upgrade (or more downgrade).

@Gooseberry Falls

That's correct, Flash is still there and splits mobile and desktop internet :/

WP-Tablet is no option, not really. I use my Nexus 4 for this. That was a reason to order Nexus 5. Now chanceled the Nexus 5. And next weekend I will wipe and reinstall 4.3 argh so much work.

(No, I really won't use google to "backup" (better compelte steal) my data )

A lot of sites still using it and if there is a mobile site, it's less good or even you have to pay.

Some of my main newssites still have no html5 vids and the mobile version is bahhh.
    11-25-13 11:37 AM
    It might not work on 4.4 but I honestly dont know. I have been using chrome for so long I dont miss flash at all. Do browsers like Boat, Opera, or puffin still have flash support?
    11-25-13 11:43 AM
    I loooove my Z30. Perfect for me.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-25-13 01:07 PM
    It might not work on 4.4 but I honestly dont know. I have been using chrome for so long I dont miss flash at all. Do browsers like Boat, Opera, or puffin still have flash support?
    I just got 4.4 on my N7 2012. Boat and Firefox beta will do some sites. But Puffin (paid/unlimited) has worked with all sites that I have thrown at it---so far. I'm thinking they are using desktop flash on a server somehow. OP, try the free version and see what you think; it is time -limited. The paid version makes it unlimited. Might be easier than rooting/wiping. I do like some features of KitKat like deleting email from the notification bar.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    11-25-13 01:23 PM
    It'll be a rude awakening when BlackBerry has to cut Flash support as well.

HTML5 is paving the future, and that future doesn't have Adobe Flash.

Surprised of all the people who talk of security like Adobe Flash so much

Adobe - Security Bulletins: APSB13-26 - Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player

just the most recent update. Adobe has to update Flash and Air along with others for security patches as much as Windows had to with XP and Vista
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-25-13 01:28 PM
    Boat still has it, I believe, and I know Firefox does. I use the AOSP browser, and it supports Flash quite well. I'd be surprised if 4.4 made it impossible for a browser to support Flash. But I see Nexus 7 users who just got the upgrade complaining over on Android Central, so there you are. I may think twice about taking the 4.4 upgrade on my Nexus 10. It doesn't add much in any event.
    11-25-13 01:28 PM
    lol and there are still SOOOO many websites out there that use Flash. Why not just discontinue support for it? What a great way to alienate and frustrate your users.
    11-25-13 01:34 PM
    It'll be a rude awakening when BlackBerry has to cut Flash support as well.

HTML5 is paving the future, and that future doesn't have Adobe Flash.

Surprised of all the people who talk of security like Adobe Flash so much

Adobe - Security Bulletins: APSB13-26 - Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player

just the most recent update. Adobe has to update Flash and Air along with others for security patches as much as Windows had to with XP and Vista
    I think BBRY is licensing it to put in their OS somehow from Adobe. But I don't think they can develop it any further. I don't know. The last PB OS update had some flash security patches. Everyone says HTML5 is the future but I hear alot of web designers say that there is some content better done with flash. It's going to be a point of contention for a few more years.
    11-25-13 01:43 PM
    lol and there are still SOOOO many websites out there that use Flash. Why not just discontinue support for it? What a great way to alienate and frustrate your users.
    That's what I can't understand. I hear so many iOS and WP users get frustrated when they come across a website that needs flash. Yet they are still enamored with the stupid things...I guess there are alot of people that just don't care.
    11-25-13 01:46 PM
    Exactly flash isn't going to die just like that a lot of web developers still rather flash.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-25-13 01:51 PM
    Exactly flash isn't going to die just like that a lot of web developers still rather flash.

Posted via CB10
    Web Developers that are still creating sites with Flash, either have redirects to non-Flash sites with HTML5 or they don't have a clue! There are too many people using iOS on phones and tablets to ignore, especially if you are in retail and you want to sell something.

That said I do find myself turning on FLASH from time to time.... but it is usually on smaller sites with older content. But FLASH will heat your phone up.
    11-25-13 02:06 PM
    Web Developers that are still creating sites with Flash, either have redirects to non-Flash sites with HTML5 or they don't have a clue! There are too many people using iOS on phones and tablets to ignore, especially if you are in retail and you want to sell something.

That said I do find myself turning on FLASH from time to time.... but it is usually on smaller sites with older content. But FLASH will heat your phone up.
    Hard to explain facebook flash games. Big site with no clue?
    11-25-13 02:18 PM
    Hard to explain facebook flash games. Big site with no clue?
    most facebook games are standalone app installs on iOS I think
    11-25-13 02:22 PM
    BlackBerry should buy flash from Adobe and continue to develop it as its still much needed in mobile devices

Posted via CB10
    Some time ago I learned from a BB emplyee that BB has a source code license agreement with Adobe for Flash Player, meaning they can compile/optimize Flash for BB10.

I don't know if the agreement is still active.

IMHO Flash has no future and I would be happy to see it removed from BB10 and the Windows platform.
    11-25-13 02:22 PM
    Some time ago I learned from a BB emplyee that BB has a source code license agreement with Adobe for Flash Player, meaning they can compile/optimize Flash for BB10.

I don't know if the agreement is still active.

IMHO Flash has no future and I would be happy to see it removed from BB10 and the Windows platform.
    I don't care about the technology either, it is just that now the mobile and desktop browsing experience is not the same and it should be IMHO.
    kbz1960 and boldkeyboardholic like this.
    11-25-13 02:34 PM
53 123