Hi all so the problem i'm having is that I don't have the mms option on my berry nor do I have the service book in order to retrieve it. So if any of you ppl could help me fix this it would be great and I would really appreciate it. Btw I have an unlocked bold 9000 originally from Rogers running OS 5.0.0.610 and on the Fido network. So thanks for the help in advance guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 04-20-10 at 10:38 PM.
    04-20-10 01:13 PM
    Have u tried re-sending your service books?
    also possible Fido havent enabled the feature correctly. Might want to contact them to check.
    04-20-10 01:32 PM
    I called them and they said everythings fine from their end and that I should resend me service books but there isn't one for the mms at all or I might not know how to?

04-20-10 01:48 PM
    there should be one a service book for MMS.
    but when you go into 'options' do u not see MMS listed in the menu listing? Between Memory & Mobile Network?

if that doesnt help, try this:

You need to login to the device's Email Settings application. In Bold 9000 go to Setup folder and look for Email Setting icon.

Steps to Resend BIS Service Books are mentioned below –

1. Go to Email Settings icon on your device

2. Login using the user name and password (if already set by you)

3. Under Settings click on Service Books

4. Click on Send Service Books

After every successful service book sending you'll receive a confirmation email from Activation Server.
    04-20-10 01:56 PM
    Nope no luck. Would it help if I called blackberry and ask them what's wrong?

04-20-10 02:31 PM
    u could call RIM but you would have to pay for their help.
    you could backup and and wipe the OS and update to the latest version of the OS for the Bold, but i have yet to encounter that problem.

unless u bought it unlocked/second-hand. maybe a lingering IT policy if that is the case?
    i'm pretty much tapped for anything else that could be causing this.

any other takers?
    04-20-10 02:45 PM
    Ya I bought it unlocked second hand but one thing I jus remembered was that I inserted a Rogers sim card a while ago and the option appeared but then was gone when I updated and I didn't have the rogers sim card anymore so I couldn't get it back again I used it for a test to see if the mms option would appear once again and it did

04-20-10 03:15 PM
    Do you have a data plan?
    04-20-10 03:52 PM
    Yup but not mms but it still should be available according to Fido (Canadian Carrier)

04-20-10 03:58 PM
    Ok so I got more info for the Fido CS apperantly from a female CR and not the Male CR?! O.o But anyways she told me I had to input the networks mms apn since its unlocked and the apn is mms.fido.ca but I have no clue where to input it. Btw if ur thinking TCP I used that to put in the apn for the web browser to work on 3G jus to clearify this if anyone was gonna suggest this method. Appreciate the help very much guys!

04-20-10 06:06 PM
    Can someone help me fix this? Please and thanks!

Last edited by luqman24; 04-20-10 at 11:02 PM.
    04-20-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD