I'm pretty much fused that Blackberry Singapore Support Center refuses to service my Passport bought from Amazon USA. They said since it isn't bought in Singapore I would have to send it back to the USA for servicing. This would never happen to a Samsung or Apple product.
    02-13-15 03:51 AM
    Yeah they provide "local warranty only"

On Classic
    02-13-15 04:36 AM
    It's BlackBerry, mate! You'd better expect some not very nice things when it comes to service from Blackberry.
    You may like to check who is running the warranty service there. I doubt that it is BlackBerry themselves.
    Here in Vietnam, BlackBerry has a distributor contract with a company which the later contracts a third company to do the warranty service. Thus this sub contractor would only repair handsets distributed by the local company. They don't get money repairing phones distributed elsewhere outside of the country. So I guess that this is the same for any other country except Canada and the US.
    Blackberry is contracting others to do the sale and service to cut down their cost. This means that we have to pay more for the phones and receive s**tty service. BlackBerry is a company with the worst control of their market, or maybe they don't try to control it at all.

Posted from my Passport
    02-13-15 10:10 AM
    not good to buy a berry then....
    02-13-15 07:26 PM
    That's why I won't buy a high end BlackBerry from retailers including shop BlackBerry. The best way to buy is from a carrier if you don't want headaches. I knew before buying my Z30 that blackberry warranty is bad, a hassle or non existent. I agree, this would not happen with Apple, not so sure about Samsung though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 02-13-15 at 07:58 PM.
    02-13-15 07:43 PM