For almost 2 days now, my Storm hasnt been recieving any e-mails or facebook notifications and it seems my GPS is not working as well. Im unable to connect to the internet and all i can do is essentially call and txt.
    I noticed my network connection has switched from 1XEV to 1xev. Im not sure if that has anything to do with it but im out of ideas on what to do and i need sum help!
    06-11-09 02:20 AM
    Try a Battery Pull first, and let it reboot. If that fails, dial *228 and update your PRL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 02:26 AM
    I cant believe i didnt think of a battery pull
    *slaps 4head!*
    Thanks king, u rock!
    06-11-09 02:43 AM
    I cant believe i didnt think of a battery pull
    *slaps 4head!*
    Thanks king, u rock!

couple things to remember...

if things aren't working with as far as emails etc first thing to do is trying sending service books.. through bis

if that doesn't work battery pull

but the lower case 1xev is definitely no data connection
    06-11-09 02:52 AM
    i upgraded to .148 the other week and switched my mobile network from Global to 1XEV. I thought i might have accidentally toggled another option by accident but i guess not.
    Not to sound like a complete N00b, but what are service books and how would i send them?
    06-11-09 03:05 AM
    i upgraded to .148 the other week and switched my mobile network from Global to 1XEV. I thought i might have accidentally toggled another option by accident but i guess not.
    Not to sound like a complete N00b, but what are service books and how would i send them?

service books are what is used for everything on your blackberry. For example in order for it to have a browser icon you need a service book in order for a email address to work you need the service book for it..

so because your on verizon your bis site would be here

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

you have to log into it with the account you make setting up your email on the device..

this website also gives you the ability to add and remove email address' (up to 10)

on the site there is is link on the lower left hand side that states "service books"

when you click it and then hit a button called "send service books" it will send all the service books to your device

Hope this helps!
    06-11-09 03:30 AM
    thanks noaim, it does help!

Thankfully i already solved my problem with a battery pull, but for next time, once i send the service books to my phone, will my phone automatically reconnect with the data? or do i have to pick certain service books and reject the ones that are working just fine?
    Also, will the extra service books affect my memory in any way?
    06-11-09 03:58 AM
    i alwaysss have to do battery pulls, at least 3 times aday! and i barely have anything on my bb. that is one of the reasons i preorederd iPhone 3GS
    06-11-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD