Ok, I don't know if this goes here... sorry!

I have had my bb less than a week, and after some initial glitches thanks to our ***** local sales guy (we had to call tech support to find out he had totally screwed up both my phone and the plan) it was working fine. Now all of a sudden last night it stopped connecting to anything. No facebook, no browswer, no emails in or out.

I have unlimited data, and haven't used many kbs anyway. I am at a loss for what the cause is.

I am trying to figure out if it is alltel or some setting on my phone.

Anyone have any thoughts or advice?
    01-29-09 09:20 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull or resending service books
    01-29-09 09:23 AM
    I just pulled the battery and it still doesn't connect.

How do I resend service books?
    01-29-09 09:31 AM

Try registering with the network, Select Options, then Advanced, Then Host Routing Table. THEN press the Blackberry button (the one with the dots on it) and select Register Now
    01-29-09 10:49 AM
    Try registering with the network, Select Options, then Advanced, Then Host Routing Table. THEN press the Blackberry button (the one with the dots on it) and select Register Now
    I would try this before resending service books.

To resend service books you will need to log into your carriers bis site, the one you set up all your email accounts on and there is an opition to resend them
    01-29-09 11:19 AM
    Yeah, did that already. We had a problem with connecting at first (the dufus hadn't updated our plan to include a data plan) so I was told to do that back then, so I tried it this time as well.

I hate calling in because they always want to speak to my husband as his name is on the account. Grr! I am just gonna have to do so after lunch I think.
    01-29-09 11:19 AM
    Yeah, did that already. We had a problem with connecting at first (the dufus hadn't updated our plan to include a data plan) so I was told to do that back then, so I tried it this time as well.

I hate calling in because they always want to speak to my husband as his name is on the account. Grr! I am just gonna have to do so after lunch I think.
    Separate of this, you should get him to add you as an authorized person to deal with the account. He may have to fax them consent, BUT once this is done you will be cool to call in the future.

Here is the Alltel BIS site where you would send your service books. You MIGHT need to sign up....

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=alltel
    01-29-09 12:19 PM
    Well, I called... this time they were cool with me calling and I got no "well, you aren't an authorized user... blah blah".

Bad news... I need a new phone. We did a number of things on both my end and theirs, including a full wipe of the device. Nothing.

So I am off to the store this afternoon hopefully.

Thanks for the advice! I wish it would have worked. Haha!
    01-29-09 12:49 PM
    Good luck! We are here again when you need us. Always feel free to PM or email me.
    01-29-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD