Hi, I bought a blackberry STORM 9500 off ebay which was locked to vodaphone.

I got it unlocked to orange, the phone is working and I can receive texts but I can not get on the internet. I have no browsing settings and it says it cannot connect to the internet or server. I dont know what to do ive tried the whole advanced settings, host, send message thing but it just gets rejected and nothing comes back.

Hope this makes sense and if anyone can help me please do

Cheers
    07-08-10 11:03 AM
    I suspect the problem is with your Carrier and your data plan.

The Internet Browser, Email, BlackBerry Messenger and most third party apps will need access to BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS).

Your carrier can add the service to your base plan.
    07-08-10 11:10 AM
    I phoned up orange today and Ive got the blackberry bundle put on my phone. I cant then for example download facebook application as I dont have a browser.
    07-08-10 11:38 AM
    Once your carrier has the right plan settings in place, your Internet Browser will work and so will the application links, like FaceBook, that your carrier will be sending you.

To install FaceBook, use the link and it will guide you through the download.

If there are third party application you want to download, you can get to many of them through BlackBerry App World and our CrackBerry.com site.
    07-08-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD