I am living in Singapore and just bought a BB 9000 bold off some one on the internet. When I checked it it looks absolutley brand new. On testing, the phone fuction and other apps worked well. However, I was not able to receive any email or datawhen I am not plugged onto the computer. Later realised that the bb icon next to the 3G symbol is not there unlike my old BB. Could this be a problem with the hand set? If it is where can I send it to as most telcos in Singapore are not willing to service it. Thanks.
    10-18-09 11:33 AM
    Did you remember to add your PIN to the BIS server?
    10-18-09 12:55 PM
    I am living in Singapore and just bought a BB 9000 bold off some one on the internet. When I checked it it looks absolutley brand new. On testing, the phone fuction and other apps worked well. However, I was not able to receive any email or datawhen I am not plugged onto the computer. Later realised that the bb icon next to the 3G symbol is not there unlike my old BB. Could this be a problem with the hand set? If it is where can I send it to as most telcos in Singapore are not willing to service it. Thanks.
    Change the device on your BIS server.

No BB symbol next to 3G means that the data plan isn't working.
    10-18-09 01:18 PM
    I am on BES. Was working till my BB bold was stolen. This BB bold was bought off someone from the net. Looks like he has bailed as well as he has turned off his cell phone. Not sure if pin is locked but security option states that everything is disabled.
    10-18-09 01:43 PM
    Did you have the new BB activated on the BES server?
    10-18-09 01:47 PM
    yes. worked it with the online support guy. cannot seem to activate phone. aparently even before activating phone, the bb icon should be present as soon as a sim card with data plan is placed. just wondering if the PIN is locked. Frustating thing is I cannot send the phone to the Telco as there are 2 telcos in Singapore and they themselves do not know whether the phone belongs was orginally bought from them.
    10-18-09 07:18 PM
    That's the risk you take when buying over the net, unfortunately. I've done so in the past and have been very lucky. Good luck resolving your issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 10:20 PM
    Does this mean that the pin is locked or something despite the security option saying everything is disabled.
    10-19-09 04:37 AM
    The only way to find out if the PIN is locked is calling the carrier so they can get in touch with RIM support to find out for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 06:15 AM
    problem is there are 2 carriers in Singapore. None of the 2 are willing to help me out.
    10-19-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD