Has anyone encountered this issue before? Beginning yesterday, when I call certain phone numbers with WiFi enabled, there is no audio. The screen indicates that the call is connected, and the connection time is indicated as usual, but no sound.

However, when I turn off WiFi, there is no such problem.

I've loaded no new software in weeks, have pulled my battery several times and have rebooted my wireless modem. This problem only occurs with a couple of my usual call recipients.

Any input or thoughts?
    08-06-09 11:47 AM
    It could be something funky with your UMA setup. Try running through the UMA Guide link in my signature.
    08-06-09 11:49 AM
    Thanks, aristile, but I hesitate to fiddle with my router in this case. My 8900 began doing this suddenly, as I indicated in my post, and UMA appears steady and strong, as evidenced by my browser speed.

I just can't figure out why it only behaves like this (no audio) on just a couple of my regular telephone numbers.
    08-06-09 12:02 PM
    UMA is a more complicated process that runs over your WiFi connection. You can have a good connection to WiFi and have good download speeds but still have a bad UMA setup. The one thing you can try without going into the router settings is to cycle the power on your router (unplug it for 20 seconds or so and then plug it back in).
    08-06-09 12:06 PM
    aristile, I've looked at your UMA guide, and thank you for the detailed posting. However, I use a Linksys router (wired), and a Linksys Wireless-G Access Point.

I can open my router and look at the settings, but do not know how to access my WAP settings.
    08-06-09 12:54 PM
    Well, I just tried another test: with WiFi enabled, I tried to call a couple of the non-connecting numbers on my BB while sitting in my office - connected, but no audio.

Then, I got in my car and drove several blocks away. WiFi was still enabled, but there was no WiFi service where I parked. I tried to call the telephone numbers, and no problems.

I suppose that confirms that the issue is with the wireless access point in my office, right?
    08-06-09 01:17 PM
    Yep, I think there is an issue with the configuration of the wireless AP/router.

P.S. I reference that guide because it is very helpful but I cannot take credit for creating it.
    08-06-09 01:21 PM
    Bizarre.....truly bizarre.
    08-07-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD