Maybe they were concerned they'd have to answer rude and irrelevant questions like what took you so long?
    Usually companies of this size have a strict, defined social media policy. glad they're in here though
    12-23-15 03:18 PM
    If that was the case, a better use of resources would be to promote the PRIV to a new audience instead of preaching to and helping out the choir. Sticking to BB "die-hards" are not going to save the hardware division.
    Pretty much.

The BlackBerry Guy
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-23-15 07:10 PM
    Yes, another PKB device... just what they need... so they can stick their heads in the sand and ignore reality like what got them into this mess in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    so what you're saying is the reason why blackberry isn't doing so good is because they didn't want to ditch the physical keyboard, and not by sticking with the out-of-date BBOS...oh ok. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT NEW INFO!

there are literally thousands of choices for people like you who don't want a physical keyboard. pick one.

i'm physically disabled and would much prefer a physical keyboard. people like me have very few choices to pick from. so i say...

YYYYYYYYABADABADOOOOOOOO for a cost-friendly blackberry android device with a physical keyboard!!
    Bbnivende and JeepBB like this.
    12-23-15 10:04 PM
    YYYYYYYYABADABADOOOOOOOO for a cost-friendly blackberry android device with a physical keyboard!!
    And, to support my thesis that the "choir" are likely to be the primary buyers of the Priv, comes this post! (thank you)

In a crowded Android market, the Priv's USP is the keyboard and security - features that don't seem too important in the wider Android world or there would be several large players already competing in that niche market. Whilst I question just how much more "secure" the Priv is over other Android phones, my opinion on BB's securing of Android doesn't matter as the important thing is that the choir are already convinced. Ditto with the advantages of a PKB over typing on glass... the choir are already convinced.

Even if a third of the choir could be convinced to move to the Priv, it would make the Priv a huge success. It would not only save the hardware division and give Chen some much needed revenue, but would near-guarantee that a successor-device would be built... which the choir would again buy. Maybe even more of the choir would buy next time - their BBOS/BB10 devices would be getting rather elderly by then, and they'd have seen the favourable feedback from the early-adopters in the choir.

So,I'll add "the choir" to my "it's the ecosystem" mantra. Together they might actually turn the Priv into a success story, and that I reckon is the real reason BB are starting to properly engage with their remaining userbase.
    Sal1982 likes this.
    12-24-15 03:43 AM
54 123