I see (what I will assume is genuine) Blackberry employees posting in the Priv forum from time to time answering questions, giving tips, and offering assistance to people when they have questions regarding the device, are having an issue with it, etc. My questions is, what took you so long? Its obvious that BB has browsed the forums in the past, but why was their never an employee presence in here for BBOS, or more recently BB10?

I'm just curious.
    12-22-15 05:58 AM
    Maybe trying to learn this OS? Lol
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-22-15 08:14 AM
    Maybe they were concerned they'd have to answer rude and irrelevant questions like what took you so long?

Luc | Community Moderator

Posted using my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 08:20 AM
    Maybe they were concerned they'd have to answer rude and irrelevant questions like what took you so long?

Yeah, whatever. I don't see how its rude or irrelevant when its a simple question and people asked for Blackberry to get involved in this community for years.
    ssbtech, gnirkatto, mnc76 and 9 others like this.
    12-22-15 08:31 AM
    I think the question is interesting, maybe we can then now new policies about customer support inside the company.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 08:32 AM
    Simple. They cannot sell BlackBerry anymore. We are stupid and foolish to love them. Everyone care about apps and BlackBerry has not been successful on that front. So there you go about their participation on the CB. Pity that an awesome OS is down the drain. Pathetic marketing. However, I still support you guys till the plug is pulled off!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 08:38 AM
    BlackBerry badly needs the Vienna to be released and once that happens, consumers will not miss BB10 any more than they miss BBOS now. We all want a phone that functions well and is reliable.
    12-22-15 08:53 AM
    BlackBerry badly needs the Vienna to be released and once that happens, consumers will not miss BB10 any more than they miss BBOS now. We all want a phone that functions well and is reliable.
    Yes, another PKB device... just what they need... so they can stick their heads in the sand and ignore reality like what got them into this mess in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 08:59 AM
    You are sooo wrong. I just bought another z30. I want bb10 I don't want android crap. The reason I came to BlackBerry was for the os. Not the phone. We have been crying for years for a super spec all touch doesn't even have to be super spec just something that competes. And we get a slap in the face when the phone we all have been crying for is finally released and it's android????? Wtf BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 09:18 AM

It might be rude but it isn't irrelevant.
    00stryder and David Tyler like this.
    12-22-15 09:23 AM
    Yeah, whatever. I don't see how its rude or irrelevant when its a simple question and people asked for Blackberry to get involved in this community for years.
    It is rude and if you don't know why you're just an ******* or simply ignoring the fact that people deserve respect when spoken to especially by a random Internet person. Let's see if calling you an hole is something you think isn't rude or if you're just a hypocrite.

To answer the question, they have most likely always been here or at the official BlackBerry support forum. They just now must have gotten an 'ok' to engage publicly.
    toneytone likes this.
    12-22-15 09:28 AM
    It is rude and if you don't know why you're just an ******* or simply ignoring the fact that people deserve respect when spoken to especially by a random Internet person. Let's see if calling you an hole is something you think isn't rude or if you're just a hypocrite.

To answer the question, they have most likely always been here or at the official BlackBerry support forum. They just now must have gotten an 'ok' to engage publicly.
    I don't mind at all if someone calls me "an hole." I find it delightful.

And I don't think my question was rude at all. I said it was nice to see them here, but why after years of asking them to get involved they just now chose to with an OS that isn't theirs. They could have been really helpful with their own OS but are now offering up help for Android which just seems a little puzzling to me.
    kbz1960 and crucial bbq like this.
    12-22-15 09:33 AM
    I'm inclined to agree. They could have done a lot to help when BlackBerry 10 launched in particular.

It's wonderful they're being allowed to help now but really BlackBerry management missed the boat on this.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 09:34 AM
    My questions is, what took you so long? Its obvious that BB has browsed the forums in the past, but why was their never an employee presence in here for BBOS, or more recently BB10?

I'm just curious.
    My take is that before the Priv they were full of it ... erm... the arrogance typified by Mike/Jim and thought that the fans would buy BB (or be given one by their employer!) regardless of any issues were identified on BBOS/BB10. Even when the CB forums went crazy on issues such as random rebooting, BB didn't really have to bother with communicating with the fan-base because they had gazillions of corporate and personal customers... and anyone who had the temerity to complain here on the CB forums was soon ripped to shreds by the faithful.

Now those cosy certainties are past and most people, including BB, realise that the success of the Priv is very, very, very important to the company... Consequently BB have become a model of good consumer relations, engaging and communicating with their customers. I don't believe that the Priv greatly appeals to the Android community generally (there are cheaper, arguably better, phones out there), so given that most Priv customers are likely to be ex-BB10/BBOS users, and that BB want to engage... the presence of helpful BB employees here on CB is the result.
    DrBoomBotz, eldricho, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    12-22-15 09:35 AM
    I'm actually surprised some have actually revealed themselves... no way would I ever reveal that on a fansite like CB. The barrage of PM's, requests for replies in public threads, etc... it'd just be too much.

I seem to recall a couple/few users from 2008-2010ish that had revealed similar positions (if they weren't actual employees, they were very close) and they eventually disappeared because they couldn't participate in any discussions without it devolving into an off-topic barrage of "inside information" type questions.
    12-22-15 09:46 AM
    Blackberry employees going on this forum could easily be considered representatives of their company. "A BlackBerry employee said..." would be perfectly reasonable to include in an article based on something that was posted here. There is plenty of downside to participating in forums like this if you are employed by the company being discussed.
    TGR1, KemKev, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    12-22-15 10:16 AM
    BB10 Os, the best Os there is. Android is pure crap in an Blacdroid..

  
    12-22-15 10:45 AM
    I remember an ex-rim employee told me that they were not able to access crackberry from their work computer (IT blocked the website). Mind you this was 7 years ago...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:55 AM
    It would be very nice to have some reply from them.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:10 PM
    From what I have been told Blackberry has a new social media policy which now allows them to respond to comments. Note that there are limits on what they can say. What I have noticed they are offering users help on how to do things on the phone or resolve problems. Don't expect them to be offering up inside information or future plans. They are enjoying the interaction so make them feel welcome and appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:16 PM
    BB10 Os, the best Os there is. Android is pure crap in an Blacdroid..

  
    According to those from the 0.3% marketshare.

*ME173X
    Blacklatino and TgeekB like this.
    12-22-15 12:48 PM
    According to those from the 0.3% marketshare.

*ME173X
    ... which just so happen to be the only ones that even know BB10 exists... on account of BlackBerry's bull headed refusal to tell anyone else about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:57 PM

There was nothing remotely rude in the OP's question or the way it was phrased.

Perhaps you can explain precisely what you feel is rude about it. Is it the fact that the OP characterizes the 2 years since BB10 launched as a long time? Is it that he wants to know why there was no involvement in the forums during this time?

And why do you feel the question is irrelevant?

I honestly don't see the alleged "rudeness" or "irrelevance" here.

Posted via CB10
    gnirkatto, TGR1, mikeo007 and 4 others like this.
    12-22-15 01:42 PM
    I think the question is interesting, maybe we can then now new policies about customer support inside the company.

Posted via CB10
    Being asked questions and made to feel defensive about policies they have no part in creating is why most don't participate in forums.
    12-22-15 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    The policy within BlackBerry was any employees posting to CrackBerry could be fired. Maybe John Chen has revised the policy so at least a certain group of employees may post on this forum.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 02:27 PM
54 123