Is there any way to copy the NFC from my office access card, condo building pass, or Car2Go tag onto the phone and then my phone instead of having to carrying those access cards etc?

i'd gladly pay for an app that does this.

thanks!
    edyts likes this.
    05-25-13 07:17 PM
    I would also very much like to do this. I read 10.1 gave us the ability to do so, i just cant find any info anyhwere.
    05-25-13 07:21 PM
    yah, what's the point of having NFC if i can't use it to replace the NFC items that i currently have.
    05-25-13 08:26 PM
    You will want to use NFC Tag suite and Shortcutme.

NFC Tag Suite - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20355165

Shortcutme - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20385825

Posted via CB10 - Channel Pin C00016D81
    05-25-13 09:39 PM
    You will want to use NFC Tag suite and Shortcutme.

NFC Tag Suite - BlackBerry World - NFCTagSuite

Shortcutme - BlackBerry World - ShortcutMe for BlackBerry 10 (Native App. BBM

Posted via CB10 - Channel Pin C00016D81
    i saw the website and video for the short cut me app. i see what it does, and it sounds pretty neat (although i'd need to figure out where to get NFC tags for my house, car, work etc... amazon perhaps?) what i'd really like to do is copy the RFID information from my buildng pass, car2go, zipcar, cards etcs so i can use my phone instead of having like 6 passes on me.
    05-26-13 10:39 AM
    Is there any way to copy the NFC from my office access card, condo building pass, or Car2Go tag onto the phone and then my phone instead of having to carrying those access cards etc?
    That would side-step the security of token-based access control. I hope RFID systems with a security component such as doorway access use something more sophisticated than a static code, some sort of query/response. Otherwise with the appropriate device you could clone someone's badge just by standing near them in the elevator.
    05-26-13 12:03 PM
    so you're saying this probably isn't going to happen eh?
    05-26-13 08:21 PM
    For reading or writing, you can just use the included smart tags app.
    05-26-13 08:28 PM
    I think "Smart card Support" will be a part of 10.2. So you will be able to use NFC got office doors etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:33 PM

i'd gladly pay for an app that does this.

thanks!
    No, it is not possible.
    However If you ever manage to copy an access card, my advise is to change that security system as soon as possible

Proper access systems are based on Challenge-Response theme so that even copying and replaying the card's response to the reader can't allow access.

On BlackBerry, the access control and payments will work using a Secure Element (embedded or SIM). Secure Element (SE) access is not given to users or any 3rd party apps. Only approved vendors are allowed to partly access SE.

SE is only accessible from secure backend systems. That means again that you wouldn't be able to get BlackBerry to emulate that card. You need an infrastructure setup by security companies ( and BlackBerry in some cases) before you are able to use your BlackBerry as Access Card.
    05-27-13 12:46 PM