Admittedly I was disappointed when I saw the q10 for the first time. Having used a 9700 for many years and then a 9900 for a year, I went to Android and then iPhone 5 because I wanted a bigger screen. I always missed my qwerty kb and swore to be the first to buy the q10 when it came out thinking the marginally larger screen would satisfy me. Unfortunately, after having used android/iphone with larger screens, when I got the q10, the screen size was still small for me. I went back to ip5. I still miss the kb and HOPE that BB will eventually release another qwerty device with a BIGGER SCREEN. I would have no problem carrying around a phone the size of a galazy s4 and always wonder why blackberry doesn't just make a large device with a keyboard. I have not heard anything about another qwerty device on the horizon. It seems that the q10 is the premium and the q5 the economy.... is there nothing else in the works? EDIT: I also got the z10 and returned it....still wanted a hardware keyboard. If I'm gonna go big screen and no hardware KB then bb would not be a choice.
    08-22-13 05:37 PM
    it will be next year sometime but i wont say it will be a bigger screen or anything. It might just be a updated q10
    08-22-13 05:41 PM
    it will be next year sometime but i wont say it will be a bigger screen or anything. It might just be a updated q10
    It better be a bigger screen. I love my Q, but they need to keep pushing the qwerty 3.5 to 3.6inch would be good. I will gladly sacrifice a little one hand use for the screen real estate
    sevoman and Henraay0623 like this.
    08-22-13 05:48 PM
    I am hoping for a slightly bigger screen on the next q10 as well. I'm still very impressed with it though for what the current already has.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 4
    08-22-13 05:54 PM
    A 3.5 inch-keyboard device would force me back to qwerty from my Z10
    sevoman likes this.
    08-22-13 05:57 PM
    Slightly bigger is one thing but the resolution will still be the same and the DPI would drop. If you are wanting much bigger then you start to get into balance issues and such and the device will be less desirable to many that like what the q10 is now or the 9900 before it
    sevoman likes this.
    08-22-13 06:03 PM
    Slightly bigger is one thing but the resolution will still be the same and the DPI would drop. If you are wanting much bigger then you start to get into balance issues and such and the device will be less desirable to many that like what the q10 is now or the 9900 before it
    BlackBerry should not stick with the 720vs720 for their qwerty phone for next year. It'll be way behind if not already behind by the newer phone that's coming out.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:45 PM
    I'd liked a slightly bigger screen, 900x720, i.e. 1 more row of icons (5 rows x 4 columns).
    If BB would get rid of the name on top to the screen (we all know that we have a BB). The device itself wouldn't be too big.

Having said that I wouldn't sacrifice one hand usage (and balance as mentioned above) for a bigger screen: I don't want a phablet
    So I'm quite happy with the screen size - and it's HUGE when you come from a Nokia E72
    08-22-13 06:53 PM
    They arent going to change their 720x720 anytime soon. They have stated over and over again that all future devices will have this resolution.

(obviously they can always go back on their word though since they dont seem to have a problem doing that lol)
    allwi likes this.
    08-22-13 06:56 PM
    They arent going to change their 720x720 anytime soon. They have stated over and over again that all future devices will have this resolution.
    And I believe that's the right decision: They might should have released a bigger screen with the Q10 - but now, I think it's the best to stick with it. It doesn't make sense to diversify the portfolio and to support all the different device.

It's a much better approach to have only a few devices and enhance them, i.e. the OS.
    08-22-13 07:57 PM
    Buy a Z10 if you need a bigger screen.

Sent from my Z10
    08-22-13 08:19 PM