Ontario may have been revived. We will have to wait for further 10.3 builds to clarify that.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 01:42 PM
    Resolution, obviously. Although the p designator is kind of irrelevant on a mobile device, since none of them are interlaced.

540p - 540x960 (Z3)
    720p - 1280x720 (Z30)
    1080p - 1920x1080 (Soon )
    1440p - 2560x1440 (Eventually)

Posted via CB10
    What's the Passport res again?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-14-14 01:47 PM
    I'd still prefer to see something smaller then the z30 personally. I've resisted upgrading for that reason.. not that I'm dissatisfied with my Z10.. I love it. But the Z30 has that amazing battery life and a few ods and ends I'd like like the fm radio.. both would be great to have but I won't sacrifice form factor. My Z10 is the perfect size.

Posted via CB10
    I thought the Z10 was the perfect size too. Until I picked up the Z30.
    07-14-14 01:53 PM
    I thought the Z10 was the perfect size too. Until I picked up the Z30.
    Same! And now sometimes I feel like the Z30 is too small. Hopefully they release a bigger phone next year

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 02:03 PM
    Chen is going to wait til next year before releasing a flagship touchscreen. He's said he'd let the market decide if BB should stay in handsets so the performance of the Z3/Classic/Passport is crucial. If they aren't successful in their respective categories then there is no way is he going to commit tens of millions of dollars to launch a Z30 type flagship. Instead it will just be a rejiggered Z3 with LTE for the mature markets.
    07-14-14 02:07 PM
    I dont think we should worry that the next flagship touch screen is going to have a low spec screen.

The passport has 1440p so I highly doubt that the next full touch will be anything less than 1080p.

Between 1080p and 720p I can definitely tell the difference say out of a scale of 10 it would be a 7 (see how that works? ;-)

But the difference between 1080p and 2k on a 5 inch phone would probably 9 for 1080p and 10 for 2k.

Even techcrunch/bgr/tomshardware is convinced that anything about 1080p is not really necessary by their assessment of the LG G3 which has a 1440p or QHD screen.

Differentiate or Die
    07-14-14 04:43 PM
    What's the Passport res again?

Check Out TechCraze
    1440x1440. Four times the Q10/Q5/Classic resolution.
    tinochiko likes this.
    07-14-14 04:58 PM
    I would like something like the screen size of the Note, as little bezel as possible, just enough to comfortably swipe (unlike Q10), some nice platinum / gold finish, water / scratch / etc. resistant, replaceable battery, enough power that lag will never or virtually never happen, battery life that lasts one full day, really bright screen and I think that's it.

I would also like to see something that battles the Nexus phones. Nexus phones are like half the price of the other companies flagships and they're basically just black matte plastic with good specs. I would take that if I could get a Z with good specs for the price of the Nexus.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 11:21 PM
    Chen is going to wait til next year before releasing a flagship touchscreen. He's said he'd let the market decide if BB should stay in handsets so the performance of the Z3/Classic/Passport is crucial. If they aren't successful in their respective categories then there is no way is he going to commit tens of millions of dollars to launch a Z30 type flagship. Instead it will just be a rejiggered Z3 with LTE for the mature markets.
    That seems dumb to me. The Z3 is gold because it's a very good spec phone with a very nice price.

The Passport has a chance to be huge with everyone who prefers a keyboard and maybe more. IMO, if there's anything that can hurt it it'd be it's size.

Unless I'm mistaking, the Classic is is for those who want the Belt and / or want a keyboard but don't want to spend the money on the Passport, assuming the Classic is significantly less than the Passport.

Keyboard are supposedly niche, so it doesn't seem fair or smart to me to decide whether you make more devices depending on how well keyboard phones sell.

The Z3 has proven that good specs with good price with good marketing equals good sales.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 11:27 PM
    That seems dumb to me. The Z3 is gold because it's a very good spec phone with a very nice price.

The Passport has a chance to be huge with everyone who prefers a keyboard and maybe more. IMO, if there's anything that can hurt it it'd be it's size.

Unless I'm mistaking, the Classic is is for those who want the Belt and / or want a keyboard but don't want to spend the money on the Passport, assuming the Classic is significantly less than the Passport.

Keyboard are supposedly niche, so it doesn't seem fair or smart to me to decide whether you make more devices depending on how well keyboard phones sell.

The Z3 has proven that good specs with good price with good marketing equals good sales.

Posted via CB10
    Z3 sales are to be determined. Who knows what they actually are with the inventory issues. Aside from that, the niche devices have to sell well for their niche not in comparison to S5 or Iphone. If they can't even do that it doesn't make sense to release an expensive phone for the broader market where prospects of success are lower and the price for entry is high.
    07-14-14 11:48 PM
    Z3 sales are to be determined. Who knows what they actually are with the inventory issues. Aside from that, the niche devices have to sell well for their niche not in comparison to S5 or Iphone. If they can't even do that it doesn't make sense to release an expensive phone for the broader market where prospects of success are lower and the price for entry is high.
    Z3 has sold out in many places and everyone has said sales are great. Why? Good specs, good marketing, good pricing.

If BlackBerry the same thing but for high end, like the Nexus, then the same results will come.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 01:56 PM

�We have very, very good first signs already after the launch in the U.K.,� Heins said, referring to the device which features a keyboard, in an interview today at the Milken Institute conference in Los Angeles. �This is going into the installed base of more than 70 million BlackBerry users so we have quite some expectations. We expect several tens of million of units,� he said.
    And for those who had reduced the importance of the Z-10 selling out because it was due to low supply rather than heavy demand, Heins says that the company was surprised by the "positive response" and is now ratcheting up supplies, increasing production capacity although he refused to say the amount that capacity was raised. He did say that a high proportion of BlackBerry Z10 units were being purchased by new BlackBerry buyers,coming over from the Apple iPhone and Android. You can't ask for better than that if you're Thorsten Heins

Believe what you want.... but I'll wait until September to know for sure. But the report that 25K- 30K was the sell out point in India, is not really all that great.
    07-15-14 02:11 PM
    They were also saying that the Z10 was selling well until we saw the actual figures.