Hey guys how about setting up a thread for pitching your advertising ideas for blackberry. Who knows, with crackberry behind and supporting bb users here, John Chen just might take grassroots concepts for the next promotional material. So instead of pulling down one another's idea, we might as well help build up our beloved product. Just throwing in my thoughts.
    It's been suggested and done many times if you search you will find.. just don't know how much attention is paid to it..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-03-14 08:00 AM
    Also here's what I'm thinking? TV ads? REDUCE IT. We are taking advertising to every age group. As a college student, I know I'm more likely to pay attention to ads I see in YouTube that "I'm forced to watch " right before that funny skateboard accident video rather than the optional ones you see on tv

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    05-03-14 08:51 AM
    I think they should go all out when they release the Z50 with killer specs that JC was talking about wining over new customers. This when they should an aggressive marketing campaign and show off all that it can do against the competition. Now is not a good time given the Z30 has been out for 6 months. They need to do this when they release the Z50 or any other new phone. Marketing now would be a huge waste of money. But I like your idea OP

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:08 AM
    I would rather they improve the battery on the Z10 and give it a free memory card and a free bumper case and advertise it as a $200 to $225 alternative to a $ 700 to $ 800 iPhone. Maybe do a little more and call it a Z10S and make available in BB red and blue at a $250 price point. Basically the advertising point is cheap but as good .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-03-14 09:27 AM
    Market campaign? Such stuff will be good, always attracted me -

Also here's what I'm thinking? TV ads? REDUCE IT. We are taking advertising to every age group. As a college student, I know I'm more likely to pay attention to ads I see in YouTube that "I'm forced to watch " right before that funny skateboard accident video rather than the optional ones you see on tv

you should check out Ad Block Edge
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../adblock-edge/
    if you use firefox. It blocks youtube ads as well
    05-03-14 09:33 AM
    "BlackBerry" What you thought you knew.

Show flash of time line first entry model to new with the work and play swipe and play to work swipe ending in being able to do all that with ONE phone. :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:51 AM
    Self deprecating humor can be a great way to address bad public perception of a brand. Own up to your past faults in a funny way and then show how you are changing. I thought the radio shack Super Bowl ad "the 80s called, they want their store back" was perfect. That would have been an awesome ad for blackbery. A guy in a boardroom pulls out an old blackberry and answers a call. Then tells the guy next to him, "the 90s called, they want their cell phones back". Then a bunch of 90s stars come in and confiscate everyone's blackberrys. Then cut to a some videos and info on BB10 phones. That joke has already been done now, but something like that would go a long way toward getting back goodwill with the public.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    05-03-14 09:52 AM
    Market campaign? Such stuff will be good, always attracted me -

you should check out Ad Block Edge
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../adblock-edge/
    if you use firefox. It blocks youtube ads as well
    I meant on a lot of mobile devices. Also most people still watch those ads

05-03-14 10:20 AM
    I've come up with a whole series of ad ideas ranging from insightful to profound to silly and in your face which I may have mentioned in a couple other threads.

One idea could be a tasteful split screen type commercial where someone gets home from work and their kid is waiting to play with their mom/dad. The parent with Z10 gets a call from another colleague with iPhone in the other split screen saying they need to split the work evenly to get the presentation out. They both tell their kid they have to finish some work, disappointing the kid. You see both parents sit down at the dinner table with their kids in the background waiting.

In the split screen the Z10 parent then makes quick work of scheduling meetings, writing the same five lengthy emails with presentations edited and attached, etc with elegant swipes and gestures features could go from basic to things like Link file access from computers. The Z10 parent gets up from the table first and goes to play with their kid while the iPhone user is still stuck trudging through the work, barely even done with one or two tasks. Jump ahead another few scenes and the iPhone user is still jabbing their thumb at the screen and losing patience while their kids is clearly becoming resentful and hurt.

As the parent with the Z10 plays with their kid (could even show playing games on the Z10 with kid), the narrative and slogan appears on screen "For the people who matter in your life, every minute counts. BlackBerry 10."

All kinds of ways to vary this of course.

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko, spikesolie and MaxR_A like this.
    05-03-14 10:23 AM
    drkpitt....

Nice idea....tugs at the heart strings then slam home the reality of functions. Then follow on with other ads showing different activities with the same phone to even BIG Business ads using BES with same phone showing again work, play or personal use.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:29 AM
    I've come up with a whole series of ad ideas ranging from insightful to profound to silly and in your face which I may have mentioned in a couple other threads.

One idea could be a tasteful split screen type commercial where someone gets home from work and their kid is waiting to play with their mom/dad. The parent with Z10 gets a call from another colleague with iPhone in the other split screen saying they need to split the work evenly to get the presentation out. They both tell their kid they have to finish some work, disappointing the kid. You see both parents sit down at the dinner table with their kids in the background waiting.

In the split screen the Z10 parent then makes quick work of scheduling meetings, writing the same five lengthy emails with presentations edited and attached, etc with elegant swipes and gestures features could go from basic to things like Link file access from computers. The Z10 parent gets up from the table first and goes to play with their kid while the iPhone user is still stuck trudging through the work, barely even done with one or two tasks. Jump ahead another few scenes and the iPhone user is still jabbing their thumb at the screen and losing patience while their kids is clearly becoming resentful and hurt.

As the parent with the Z10 plays with their kid (could even show playing games on the Z10 with kid), the narrative and slogan appears on screen "For the people who matter in your life, every minute counts. BlackBerry 10."

All kinds of ways to vary this of course.

Posted via CB10
    Play on emotions..apple's speciality

05-03-14 01:23 PM
    Self deprecating humor can be a great way to address bad public perception of a brand. Own up to your past faults in a funny way and then show how you are changing.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Yes! I also think they should adopt that JC guy's 'Why I Hate BlackBerry' approach. Come at it head-on from that angle. "We know you hate BlackBerry. Funny thing is, we do too. Here's why..." Or something similar.

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    05-03-14 10:10 PM
    I think they should go all out when they release the Z50 with killer specs that JC was talking about wining over new customers. This when they should an aggressive marketing campaign and show off all that it can do against the competition. Now is not a good time given the Z30 has been out for 6 months. They need to do this when they release the Z50 or any other new phone. Marketing now would be a huge waste of money. But I like your idea OP

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so.. if they don't get rid of current phones one way or another, carriers will be reluctant to make new space with new phones.. in the UK only Carphone Warehouse sticks Z30, and that's only in certain stores..

I go in depth in the thread above about why I don't think the wait for awesome product then market is actually a practical ideas

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-04-14 05:30 AM
38 12