I never had the Storm or the Pearl model phones, and because of that i never realky got to experience the reduced keyboard on those phones.
    Now though with my 9860 I was struggling to type on the portrait keyboard which is my preferred way of typing and thought to myself why not try the reduced keyboard out for once?

Well five days on and honestly yes it has its quirks but its a helluva lot better. The larger buttons make a huge difference for my typing and I don't know than I would switch back.

It does take some getting used too as i had to change the way i think of typing and autocorrect needs some work but I no longer think it is a useless option.

Thanks to whoever came up with this design!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-24-12 03:37 PM
    Agreed. When I used my Storm 2 daily, I found that typing on the reduced keyboard was simply better and faster for me. One handed typing was a joy. The only thing that it lacked was a track pad. Well your Torch address that issue. Enjoy!
    07-24-12 06:17 PM
    I always thought the reduced keyboard was just amazing.
    07-24-12 07:47 PM
    I had never used a reduced keyboard either but after getting my 9860 I gave it a shot and found it worked well for me. I mainly type in landscape but for the one handed typing on the go its great for portrait.
    07-24-12 08:43 PM
    I think the major thing for me is the spacing with the larger buttons hitting the wrong key is much rarer than before. So that helps big time!

Still not as good as my 9700 though which I could type without looking at the keys.
    07-24-12 09:15 PM
    nothing beats the physical keyboard. but i love the reduced one on my torch. Sometimes i find myself double thumbing it with the auto correct set for my style im pretty fast and accurate
    07-24-12 09:53 PM
    Agreed. When I used my Storm 2 daily, I found that typing on the reduced keyboard was simply better and faster for me. One handed typing was a joy. The only thing that it lacked was a track pad. Well your Torch address that issue. Enjoy!
    I had the exact same feelings. I loved the SureType and SurePress with the Storm2, but the lack of a trackpad caused me to go for the Torch.

To this day, nothing beats the Storm2 for ease of one-handed typing on a BlackBerry.
    07-24-12 10:25 PM
    Yeah I prefer it on my 9850. Never cared for landscape typing on any device.
    07-24-12 10:30 PM
    I don't think that something can be more simple and easy as a full pysical keyboard..
    But I agree.. give iot some time and you will get used to anything.
    07-24-12 11:06 PM
    I don't think that something can be more simple and easy as a full pysical keyboard..
    This is what I thought until I watched my wife trying to type on my 9900 while we were on vacation in Scotland. She's had an iPhone for three years and never owned a phone with a hard keyboard. If the hard keyboard were inherently easier, there ought to be little effort required for a virtual keyboard user to get used to it. But that's not what I observed. She had a devil of a time typing anything, and it didn't improve in the course of the week.

I imagine that the reduced SureType keyboard would take a while to get used to, but after that would be very fast indeed. Hopefully BB10 will include it has an option in their all-touch model.
    07-25-12 07:17 AM
    just tried the reduced keyboard - it is easier to use than the virual portrait keyboard
    07-25-12 11:41 AM
    I don't think that I could own a phone without the reduced keyboard.

I loved the pearl and I milked my poor worn out storm until I found out that the reduced keyboard was also available on android.
    07-25-12 11:53 AM
    The thing about the reduced keyboard is it learns from your inputs. If you'll notice productive txt flashes less and less crazy suggestions. So the more you use it the better. My only problem is I have gotten down where the punctualmation marks are. Nice double space adds a period.
    07-25-12 02:40 PM
    Thats good to know, though its funny when it finally learns a word and then is when I end up needing the other word

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    07-25-12 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD