Hello,
    I'm not an addict, yet. In fact, I've never even tried it. And I'm very low-tech.

What I need is simply this: a phone that's good for calls, texting and internet.

I prefer the Blackberry to the iPhone.

I've been w/ AT&T for years and wouldn't mind staying w/ them, but will change if necessary.

I've been told that w/ a jailbroke iPhone I can have calls, texting and unlimited internet tethered to my laptop. The price would be my call/text plan plus 30.00 per month for the internet.

That's basically what I want but w/ a Blackberry. Can it be done?

I would greatly appreciate any info. Specific BB models and instructions would be great. Thank you very much !
    03-03-10 08:03 PM
    Any bb phone will do what you want, as will any smartphone out there. I would question your desire to use the internet while being on at&t, as there data coverage is a bit lacking. In regards to which phone is best, the reason they make soooo many different models is because people have soooo many different preferences. The best phone I've ever owned is the Storm 2, but if what I thought was relevant to what other people wanted, the Storm 2 would be the only phone manufactured. There all good devices. Go to the store and buy the one you think is the coolest.
    03-03-10 08:37 PM
    BlackBerry can use a different data plan to other smartphones, with different costs (my emphasis).

Workarounds to get a BlackBerry working with generic smartphone data plans do exist but these workarounds could be rather geeky/techie and potentially disapointing because it means downgrading from a BlackBerry to a regular smartphone.

So I was just pointing out that there is a different data plan for BlackBerrys, that's all. It's simple
    03-03-10 09:27 PM
    I believe the BB plan is the same as on Verizon as it is on AT&T ($29.99). So you can get your cake and eat it too.
    03-03-10 10:05 PM
    since your very low-tech, i recommend the blackberry curve 8900 or blackberry bold 9000.
    03-03-10 10:24 PM
    The best phone I ever use is the 9700. in all aspects. Look at my signature, I used some one lol.
    03-03-10 10:26 PM
    I've heard that thee 8530/8520 curve is a great starter phone for a persons first BB nd I totally argee I have thee 8530 and so far its treated me very good; usually whatever questions I hav about tech problems etc or just wanna kno more I come here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 10:59 PM
    every bb with get the job that you want done. It is more or less which one you like, best way to find out is go to the store and spend an hour or so playing with all of them to find the one that fits you the best.
    03-03-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD