Dear all,

I just bought my first BB 9360 1 week ago. And until now, I'm facing these following problem. Please help.

1/ Can't use Yahoo Messenger even though wifi is on and browser work fine.
    2/ Same problem with FB.
    2/ Can't access Apps world even though wifi is on and browser work fine. I off data service since it just consumed too much money.
    3/ Can't set up email (Outlook, hotmail, yahoo...) even though wifi is on and browser work fine.

Is there anyway to get around or fix these problems? I using a prepaid sim, with no internet plan whatsoever. I bought the phone brand new without any plan/contract. I always use wifi to access internet when needed, and NOT planning to upgrade to 3G or gprs or those stuffs since it is just too money crunching.

And how BIS help? Why blackberry need these extra services while other phone brands do not need those? Isn't wifi a internet connection? Why all these crap? I just dun have the money to spend on 3G and stuffs....

Please help me. I'm filling that I'm wasting my money buying the phone.

Regards and thanks,
    09-27-12 10:03 AM
    I think you need to have data service to use the device for anything past simple web browsing. I will try from a deactivated curve at work and report back later today but I think you need data service on.
    09-27-12 10:10 AM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to access BIS which email and messenger services use
    09-27-12 10:11 AM
    you need bis to set up your email ,appworld etc... hotmail ,yahoomail will only work through your browser without plan.............same with fb or twitter
    09-27-12 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD