Hey all, im getting a Blackberry curve from T-mobile in a couple days and I've done plenty of research and read this forum alot since i made the decision (Yes, im already a Crackberry Addict and I dont even HAVE the phone yet!!!) and i got a couple questions that I didnt find by searching.

Opera mini 4 vs Blackberry Browser - Which one is better? I searched and found a couple videos of the blackberry browser in use and it seems kinda, weird. Is there no way to zoom out and see the whole page like you would on a computer?

AIM on blackberry - I've read that u can only have 30 ppl in ur buddy list or w/e, does this mean that i would only be able to see 30 ppl being online, but ppl that i cant see can still IM me? Also, how many aim conversations can u have at the same time?

Storage Space - Can the blackberry curve take a 6gb MicroSDHC? I've read some places that some blackberrys have problem with the SDHC, yet work fine with others, Anybody know?

Thanks for any help, Also, if anybody would like to suggest some apps and games or w/e that i should get when i get my curve, feel free
    10-25-07 07:34 AM
    Hey all, im getting a Blackberry curve from T-mobile in a couple days and I've done plenty of research and read this forum alot since i made the decision (Yes, im already a Crackberry Addict and I dont even HAVE the phone yet!!!) and i got a couple questions that I didnt find by searching.

Opera mini 4 vs Blackberry Browser - Which one is better? I searched and found a couple videos of the blackberry browser in use and it seems kinda, weird. Is there no way to zoom out and see the whole page like you would on a computer?

they are both good. I use Opera Mini because i get the full web page loaded on. Zooming in and out is as easy as pie. I just wish the BBs were set with Flash so we can view youtube videos..but another member gave us the blueapple.mobi site. A site just like youtube.

AIM on blackberry - I've read that u can only have 30 ppl in ur buddy list or w/e, does this mean that i would only be able to see 30 ppl being online, but ppl that i cant see can still IM me? Also, how many aim conversations can u have at the same time?

never really used AIM on it. people arent on it anymore for me.

Storage Space - Can the blackberry curve take a 6gb MicroSDHC? I've read some places that some blackberrys have problem with the SDHC, yet work fine with others, Anybody know?

yeah it should be able to. Some people are running 4gbs on theirs..and im running a 2gb on mine. I have a Sandisk microsd and it works great. I dont know why people have those problems.

Thanks for any help, Also, if anybody would like to suggest some apps and games or w/e that i should get when i get my curve, feel free
    games you can get from mobile.blackberry.com on your bb browser. I like Meteor Crusher and circle popper. You may like others...Monopoly Tycoon seems cool.(get it for free..just join the blackberry users lounge site)

Apps i like:
    Infospace-Your all in one locator for if you need directions to movie theaters,atm machines,car repair services etc.

Opera Mini-as explained above

Google Maps-self explanatory. Great for directions

Viigo- Get RSS feeds from your favorite websites/blogs

Jivetalk-i havent used it yet but from what i have heard its like trillian but for blackberrys

BBSmart- View Your emails fully and better

pacman-if you can get it work. you will have fun with it.

Thats all i can think of. Hope you enjoy the Curve.
    10-25-07 03:51 PM
    opera for viewing more pages but both are good/

6GB should work fine as mt t-mobile curve has a 4gb with no problems and should take up to 32gb

don't use IM much so not too sure there but should be able to get im from anyone who can see you
    10-26-07 07:12 PM
    the aim on blackberry uses mobile aim which puts a new group in your aim account called online users or mobile.. something like that.. and you can have the max of 30 people in there and theres no away messages or anything..

DEF get jivetalk.. its AMAZING.. im on the trial (it lasts 20 days) and you can see your whole aim buddylist and see away messages and buddy infos.. as well as sign on2 other accounts such as googletalk and messenger live..
    10-27-07 09:12 AM
    Hi J-D,

If you wanted to check out BBSmart Email Viewer, please head on over to our website at BBSmart - Software for your PDA where you can download a free trial and also have a look at some of the features.

Oh, and I would also second getting JiveTalk

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-28-07 at 12:20 PM.
    10-28-07 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD