I have a couple of what might seem dumb questions, but I was always told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. So here goes:
1. What is gmail?
2. I have AT&T for my BB account, and Verizon for my home phone. My desktop (Win2000) is connected to the Verizon DSL. So I am receiving my desktop email on the BB, complete with all the spam in the world. What do I do to get this to stop?
3. Why does the LED alternately blink red then blue when I have the bluetooth on?
1. Google provided email. Has really good spam filter is free and works very nice. My favorite email by far. www.gmail.com It is by invite only, so pm me if you want to open an account. Also, gmail is real time push so your email is delivered instantly as opposed to being polled ever 10-15 minutes.
2. Spam is hard to get rid of. You need an email account which has a good spam filter. Gmail's is excellent and I highly recommend it. You can forward you other email accounts to gmail and they will all get filtered before they go to the device.
3. I have an older device which only blinks red, so I am not sure about this. But I would guess blue=bluetooth is on and red means you have a message waiting. Message notification can be changed under profiles.
You could call us biased, and you wouldn’t be wrong, because at CrackBerry we love BlackBerry and think you should own a BlackBerry Smartphone! We also work as a community support and marketing partner with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. Our immense passion and knowledge of BlackBerry by our editors and community members make this the best resource for BlackBerry you’ll find anywhere!