Well i did i popped my cherry ( in the case blackberry)

I got my first one the 8700c, i know its an older model, but got it brand spanking new for a great price.od.

i added on the unlimited data plan for $30 last week, so far so good.

I love getting e-mails when your out etc.

However i have a few questions, mainly about Apps?

For instance i will use myspace, google maps, and ESPN Mobile as the ones i want to try first.
    i am looking at them on my pc.

I have not done them yet.

For example, on the 3 mentioned above if i enter my # or e-mail it will send them to my phone, via text or e-mail?

for instance google maps says this

enter mobile #

send link to my phone

This service is free from Google; carrier charges may apply.

can you all clarify?

and are the above mentioned apps free?

Thanks

Rob
    02-22-09 02:20 PM
    The apps are free unless stated otherwise, since you said you have the data plan just follow the link, download the app and run it. Most apps that are not free clearly state it (usually).... Google is free certainly.
    02-22-09 02:22 PM
    i think what google means by "carrier charges may apply" is that if you don't have unlimited data, your carrier will charge you data charges.

if you enter your cellphone number they will send you a text message, if you give them your email address they will send it to your email (i don't have unlimited texts, but i have unlimited data so i always opt to give my email address if possible). they will send you an email/text with a link in it. click the link and it will open up the download page on your phone.

i'm not sure about espn, but i'm pretty sure myspace is a free app. as tremortality said, so is googlemaps
    02-22-09 03:59 PM
    I can't seem to get ringtone lists on the bb. If I save them on my pc, I can't open them because of my network. Any ideas?
    02-22-09 04:09 PM
    02-22-09 04:24 PM
    Ty.

Anyone know how to make wallpaper full size, instead of widescreen?
    02-22-09 05:12 PM
    When a application-provider such as Google lays out a disclaimer stating that carrier-charges may apply...they're not only covering their own a**es; but also yours in case you aren't aware of incurring possible data charges in case you don't have an unlimited data usage plan; or have one w/ a capped limit. App-providers such as Google uses it as a general warning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD