Sorry if this has been covered before but it is hard to do a search on PIN when it is less than the 4 letter minimum required for searching.

My problem is that my PIN messages aren't being received by my husband. I sent 4 of them today (2 while seated next to him) and he clearly is not receiving them. I know it is the correct PIN because he was receiving them yesterday and I didn't change my address file for him. The only thing I did last night was to make the PIN messages Priority 1 messages and make them sound on receiving for him. He received several after that without any problem and the notification sounds were working.

Any thoughts as to what could cause the PIN messages to stop working?
    We are both using Tmobile curves (8320).

Thanks to all of you geniuses for your thoughts and ideas.
    01-04-08 11:01 PM
    When you send the PIN message to him, do you see a checkmark next to the message on your device? Do you eventually see a D next to it (indicating it was delivered)?

Is he able to send PIN messages to you?
    01-04-08 11:07 PM
    Checkmark all by itself.
    01-04-08 11:12 PM
    On his device, click on the Options icon, then Security Options, then Firewall.

Is the option to block incoming PIN messages checked?
    01-04-08 11:15 PM
    Firewall disabled...no check marks on anything.
    Mysterious isn't it?
    01-04-08 11:18 PM
    This is odd.....Is he able to send you a PIN message?
    01-04-08 11:19 PM
    A few things to do on hubby's BB:

- Hard reboot (pull the battery while the device is on, keep it out for 20 seconds, then put back in and let it boot up)
    - Register with the network - click on Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table. Press Menu button and click Register Now (then go into Messages and make sure he gets a 'Registration' message).

See if either of those help...
    01-04-08 11:21 PM
    I guess not. I just tried it and his doesn't send one either. He gets a little target instead of a check mark and I don't end up getting the pin.
    01-04-08 11:21 PM
    Sounds like his wireless is not on....
    01-04-08 11:23 PM
    Upon reboot completion all of the undelivered PINs showed up. You must be right about the wireless not being on. I am not sure what that is exactly because he was able to make calls. I think his browser was working (not 100% sure on that though). How do you turn on the wireless?

Thanks again for all of your advice. You truly are a Blackberry abuser!
    01-04-08 11:29 PM
    Yay! Glad it's working now.

If he was able to make calls the wireless was on, but sounds like maybe the data services were choking.

The wireless connection is under the 'Manage Connections' icon. Click on that and a dialog should pop up in the middle of the screen. The first option is Mobile Network...that should be checked. You can check/uncheck Mobile Network to turn the wireless connection on and off.

So if you fly somewhere, or are in an area that has poor coverage (which will greatly reduce the life of the battery), you can turn the wireless off but continue to use the device as a basic PDA (or play games, listen to music, etc).
    01-04-08 11:33 PM
    Thanks a ton. I found the mobile network you were talking about. I know it was on because he was using his phone to call me. Data choking must have been the culprit. A bit of a bummer though because I thought that the PIN thing was the one sure thing I could count on. I never relied on the SMS thing because it was so sporadic. Oh well.... Thanks for getting the messages back working again. If it chokes again, I will talk to Tmobile.
    01-04-08 11:41 PM
    When i go into compose msg, I was unable the option compose Pin under the menu key. Can anyone shows me how to turn the option back on. THanks
    11-08-08 12:43 AM
    Compose Message is an email. To sent a PIN message the open Messeges and press Menu - Compose Pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD