Hey everyone. not sure if this is the right place to post this so my apologies up front if this is not the right place. Here's my problem. my daughter dropped my bb in the sink and of course there is water damage so can't get it fixed or replaced. it seems to come on, you can see the clock in the faceplate but i get nothing else, and then it seems to want to keep rebooting. can i do anything with it or is it dead? I only had it for 2 weeks when she did this. can i download a new os or something? this was my 1st (and possible last) bb. it's been about a month so it should be dried out by now. any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
    02-20-09 03:07 PM
    More than likely it is dead if it was soaked. You can try to stick the BB in a bag of rice, REMOVE the battery first. Let it sit in the rice for a few days, if you have some of the little silica packets that come with things you buy you can add them too for good measure. It will help remove the moisture but depending on how wet it got, it might be done for good. Give it a shot if you have nothing to lose... If it has been a month and its still dead this may not work. I am just letting you know what does work for some who try it right after the "water" incident happens. Best of luck. The long term effects of water damage I am not sure of but they cant be good.....
    02-20-09 03:25 PM
    It is probably dead. A new OS doesn't repair water damage. Sorry.
    02-20-09 03:27 PM
    ouch, that sucks.

if it's been a month already, and it still isnt turning on properly, i say its quite dead.
    02-20-09 03:32 PM
    R.I.P. Whatever BB it is
    02-20-09 03:39 PM
    I guess it was just wishful thinking. Just wondering why the clock turns on, on the outside sceen and everything lights up(ie the keyboard and ball), you just can't see anything on the inside screen when you open it. (sorry everyone it's a bb pearl flip 8220). RIP BLACKBERRY PEARL
    02-20-09 06:06 PM
    Ouch that sucks. This is why the berry goes in my hand only.
    02-20-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD