Several of you answered my questions about switching out a phone on my AT&T contract and how just changing the sim card meant I didn't have to contact ATT, and it worked. Now, I've run into another problem. I received the 8110 today, plopped in the sim card and the phone worked immediately excpet for one thing. When I go to the setup to configure email, it only gives me two options--set up an enterprise email or no email. When I got my Verizon 8130, there was a third option for POP mail. When I go to email it tells me that messaging hasn't been configured. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.
    01-09-09 06:37 PM
    this may work

Resending service books
    Either log onto your carriers BIS where you can edit your email info etc and resend from there, or find the manage internet email icon and follow that thru.

Register the Host Routing Table
    Options, advanced, host routing table, menu key register
    01-09-09 07:07 PM
    I'm guessing you could set it up on the BIS website then send service books... Go to BlackBerry Internet Service to get started

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 07:14 PM
    this may work

Resending service books
    Either log onto your carriers BIS where you can edit your email info etc and resend from there, or find the manage internet email icon and follow that thru.

Register the Host Routing Table
    Options, advanced, host routing table, menu key register
    I followed those instructions and the phone said the registration was sent, but I see no difference. Still no option to add personal email.
    01-09-09 08:34 PM
    I'm guessing you could set it up on the BIS website then send service books... Go to BlackBerry Internet Service to get started

Apparently, that site is for Verizon only and this is an ATT phone (I have Verizon and the wife has ATT), so it told me that the BB was registered with another carrier.
    01-09-09 08:35 PM
    Log onto your verizon BB, your email is probably attached to the other PIN..
    01-09-09 08:38 PM
    Sorry didn't read question carefully enough... But there should be same sit for ATT, try host=att or google "blackberry email setup att"...

01-09-09 08:38 PM
    You guys have been very helpful. I went to the ATT BB site and registered an email and user ID and password. Then I went to the mail and tried to create an email and got the message, "No message services are configured. You will only be able to save draft."

I thought that's what I did. Methinks we have a problem .
    01-09-09 10:11 PM
    Did you resend service boopks after this?

01-09-09 10:12 PM
    Did you resend service boopks after this?

Guess I'm a green rookie because I don't know how to do this. Cold you guide me through this?
    01-09-09 10:14 PM
    Sure... Login to the website again, there should be a menu on the left. Click on "Service Books", then click on "Send Service Books"

01-09-09 10:20 PM
    Thank you. I did that and nothing's changed. Wow. I never even imagined that this would be such a hassle. I really appreciate you help. Do you think it's solvable?
    01-09-09 10:26 PM
    OK, try a battery pull?

01-09-09 10:27 PM
    OK, try a battery pull?

Tried that. Still no email and still getting the same old "No message services are configured" message.
    01-09-09 10:31 PM
    Hmm, now I'm running out of "standard" fixes... I'm assuming you have data access... Do you have an email account for your device and if so does this account work?

01-09-09 10:34 PM
    I registered both a blackberry and a pop email account when I went through the earlier procedure.

I now know why I am a Verizon customer.

I tried to send a test email to the blackberry email addy and it bounced. Apparently, what I am doing is not getting through to BB. I do have a data plan, but not the unlimited one. I was going to add that after I was sure the device would work. Now I wonder...
    01-09-09 10:41 PM
    Yeah, sounds like a communication error... Are you receiving anything on BB (calls?). I'd try calling tech support...

01-09-09 10:45 PM
    I think that's what I'll do. I really appreciate you taking the time to try to get me up and running.
    01-09-09 10:49 PM
    No problem, I hope you get your problem resolved...Let us know if you get it fixed and what the problem was so someone who has the same problem in future may benefit... Good luck!

01-09-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD