hi, everyone. i'm a senior in high school, graduating in a few months, and i'm planning on buying a crackberry before i go off to college. however, i'm not sure which model is right for me. i know that i'd prefer one with a qwerty key pad, but that's all i've really nailed down. which model would you suggest for me? a lower-costing one would be nice, if possible, but not necessary. i'm a current at&t user, if that helps.

thanks!
    rebecca
    02-29-08 01:17 PM
    hi, everyone. i'm a senior in high school, graduating in a few months, and i'm planning on buying a crackberry before i go off to college. however, i'm not sure which model is right for me. i know that i'd prefer one with a qwerty key pad, but that's all i've really nailed down. which model would you suggest for me? a lower-costing one would be nice, if possible, but not necessary. i'm a current at&t user, if that helps.

thanks!
    rebecca

I highly recommend the Curve 8310 from your AT&T carrier
    02-29-08 01:56 PM
    Want a camera? Curve
    Don't need a camera but want sleek looks and a nice size and all? 8800

If you want a QWERTY then there's only 2 choices in the "new" range, Curve and 88. Then you have to decide on WiFi and GPS.
    02-29-08 02:54 PM
    I highly recommend the Curve 8310 from your AT&T carrier
    I'd concur with that. I think you'd be very happy with a Curve 8310. A 2mp camera and GPS coupled with Google maps (a free download) to get you from place to place at your new college till you get acquainted with the area!
    02-29-08 02:58 PM
    Check this out, a comparison page from AT&T.
    Compare Phones - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    02-29-08 03:01 PM
    Coming from a fellow tide fan,the Curve 8310 is perfect. It is even a gorgeous crimson red. Roll Tide!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-29-08 05:36 PM
    I have an 8310 and a 8100 Pearl. The 8310 is by far the superior of the 2, for me anyway. The larger screen is great, The full qwerty, i like more. I don't mind the SureType of the Pearl, i just much prefer the QWERTY.
    The 2mp camera is pretty good, and you will be able to record video with the new OS coming.
    The 8820 would be pretty good for a college though, as Most colleges have campus wide free Wifi, and the 8820 has GPS and Wifi!!! That would allow faster surfing speeds, and less data from your package used.

The Curve 8310 is probably 100 cheaper , depending on where you get it, probably more.
    The 8820 is 299 with resigning the contract, after rebate
    The 8310 is 149 with resigning the contract, after rebate.
    Both prices are direct from ATT, if you do your research, you can find cheaper...
    02-29-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD