I recently purchased the 8830 world edition and I'm having trouble with ringtones. I transfered a MP3 song from my laptop to the BB, then I set the song I transfered as my "Phone Tune". So when someone calls me, the song plays ultra quiet and I can barely hear it. What can I do to fix this problem? I also tried using a MP3 from tuneusin.com but I'm having the same difficulties with that MP3 as well. Thanks for all the help
    11-29-07 02:46 PM
    Have you tried to adjust the volume for the phone in your active profile? Have you tried changing profiles to see if it gets louder?
    11-29-07 04:15 PM
    And considering you're a newbie: Go to profiles>advanced>select the active profile>scroll to phone>then adjust the volume.
    11-29-07 05:12 PM
    Ringtone volume for the 8830 is a known problem. There have been a number of threads on the issue. This might be fixed in a future update to the 8830 operating system. But no definite word on that at this time.

The answer for now is a bit technical. You are going to have to increase the volume of the mp3 itself. Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder is an excellent free audio editor. It will allow you to crop the mp3 down in size to 15-30 seconds for a ringtone. It will also let you increase the volume. You can then save the edited file as a new mp3. I typically save my ringtones as a constant bitrate of 64kbps/mono. This allows them to be as small as possible and still have decent sound out of the Blackberry speaker.

Search the Media forums for more information.
    11-30-07 08:53 AM
    Thanks for the info.
    11-30-07 09:09 PM
    Thanks for all the help everybody. I did what GODJ recommended and that worked a little, still not as loud as I would like so I'm going to try the recommendation from dbltap. Again, thanks for all the help with my confusion on learning to use my BB.
    12-02-07 04:34 PM
    The answer for now is a bit technical. You are going to have to increase the volume of the mp3 itself. Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder is an excellent free audio editor. It will allow you to crop the mp3 down in size to 15-30 seconds for a ringtone. It will also let you increase the volume. You can then save the edited file as a new mp3. I typically save my ringtones as a constant bitrate of 64kbps/mono. This allows them to be as small as possible and still have decent sound out of the Blackberry speaker.
    if you have itunes it will let you do the same.

1) right click on the song you want to chop > "Get Info" > "Options" tab.
    2) from there you can select your start and stop time and slide the Volume Adjustment to +100% click OK
    3) go back and right click the song click "convert selection to mp3" this will give you a duplicate of the song that you just chopped.
    4) click and drag it to BB desktop manager "media manager" and use it for whatever you like
    5) go back to the original song right click Get Info > Options and uncheck the start / stop time

hope that made sense haha
    12-02-07 11:14 PM
    haha nice thats pretty usefull Airgasm's thanks for the tip.
    12-03-07 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD