Hey everyone. I tried posting this in the bluetooth forum but things seem kinda dead over there and I haven't gotten any responses.

If one person calls another person, and each person is talking on bluetooth headsets on their own CBs, can a third person with a BT headset (earpiece or whatever) listen in to the conversation or join in the conversation, IF the third person doesn't have a CB, but only a headset?

I am interested in using this technique as a form of wireless communication between two people and an assistant. We are currently using walkie talkies with earpieces, but my wife finds the "in the ear" buds, uncomfortable at times.

Also, I realize that available working distance may be limited with BT, (but who knows, I'm too new at BT to know for sure!)

I'd just like to know if this IS possible. The three of us wouldn't be more than say 50 feet away from eachother at any time.

Thanks
    01-10-08 07:25 AM
    I don't think it will work because you have to "pair" the phone to a particular headset by typing in a 4 digit code. You can have a single phone paired with more than one headset but when you actually want to use the phone you must choose ONE of those headsets to work with the phone at that particular time. Distance really is limited to about 20 feet...they say 30, but it has never worked for me with a headset. Good Luck...
    01-10-08 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD