Hi i am brand spanking new to bb (curve 8900) and this is actually my first time owning a cell phone beyond a track phone, hold snickers please.

anyway I am on a 15 day "free trial" and I am on day 5 I've been reading a lot of helpful tips in these forums, but... I have a couple of remaining questions, forgive me if they've been covered somewhere.

1. Is it "normal" to not be able to connect to the internet most of the time? either my service provider sucks, or this is just an annoying part of living in rural iowa and I should just "deal with it" --tell me should I break up with my service provider? how can i be sure another provider will have any better service? I am currently on i wireless an affiliate but not the same as t-mobile.

2. at home I have a wired router and need it to be that way, I have an extensive home office all wired up and don't feel like switching everything over to wireless... but I really want to access the internet from my home on my bb. (I have a three level home, wired router is on top level) I was wondering, does anyone know if I can plug a wireless rounter into my wired router and have it work that way? I was thinking this may be a solution to my issue #1 - not being able to access the internet reliably with my bb.

thanks so much this is the best forum ever, and I really don't want to break up with my bb and *gasp* get an iphone...
    07-16-09 10:19 AM
    Hi i am brand spanking new to bb (curve 8900) and this is actually my first time owning a cell phone beyond a track phone, hold snickers please.

anyway I am on a 15 day "free trial" and I am on day 5 I've been reading a lot of helpful tips in these forums, but... I have a couple of remaining questions, forgive me if they've been covered somewhere.
    what kind of 15 day free trial? would that be data?

1. Is it "normal" to not be able to connect to the internet most of the time? either my service provider sucks, or this is just an annoying part of living in rural iowa and I should just "deal with it" --tell me should I break up with my service provider? how can i be sure another provider will have any better service? I am currently on i wireless an affiliate but not the same as t-mobile.
    do you have data on your plan?

2. at home I have a wired router and need it to be that way, I have an extensive home office all wired up and don't feel like switching everything over to wireless... but I really want to access the internet from my home on my bb. (I have a three level home, wired router is on top level) I was wondering, does anyone know if I can plug a wireless rounter into my wired router and have it work that way? I was thinking this may be a solution to my issue #1 - not being able to access the internet reliably with my bb.
    i am pretty sure you can, but im not positive! but you will have to have wireless to connect via wifi.

thanks so much this is the best forum ever, and I really don't want to break up with my bb and *gasp* get an iphone... [/quote]
    07-16-09 10:26 AM
    yes I have an unlimited dataplan, I juste have really "spotty" connectivity- like server busy try again later... more often than i think i should.
    07-16-09 10:28 AM
    The 15 day trial is the whole sha-bang, phone and service, I 15 days to squirm out of my 2-year contract if it dont like the service.
    07-16-09 10:29 AM
    Then it might be the providers service. You can check other providers service for where you live by going to there website and finding the service coveage map.
    07-16-09 10:30 AM
    well, thats one of the reasons I went with iwireless, they are an iowa based company and there coverage map indicated that my area was covered... if you consider 1 bar on average coverage.
    07-16-09 10:49 AM
    ONE BAR!!
    I would look at other providers.
    07-16-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD